Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why it makes much more sense to stack hp on a shaman than wis.
i always feel like its situation on a sham some fights I canni or risk takin hits so ya its all sta/hp/ac others I know im gonna spam heals (like if you are main heal on somethin not slowable) then I try to stack my mana pool as high as I can in case I cant get alot of cannis in.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verant didn't have much of a benchmark when they were developing EQ, they were treading new water and fucked a lot of the balance up. Pretty much it.
Yep. In imo they got the majority of it right.

13 years later, look at all the piss poor mmo's that have come out. The irony is the fact that, the way was pretty much paved for everyone else. WoW mastered it on a subscription level (easy mode, omg my 6 year old can play I don't have to parent anymore, button masher), yet was just not as fun in any way shape or form.

PS - Lol @ filthyphil. Someone is upset they didn't/couldn't choose an Iksar Necro.....
Last edited by Mayhem2; 09-03-2012 at 04:35 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar necro is by far the best, mitigating the damage from lich through innate iksar regen makes it so the necro can cast the leach line spell less often, making them much more mana efficient. Vexing Mordinia costs 495 mana to cast and heals for 111 a tic, while its an amazing heal it is still extremely costly.

And why are you working so hard to cap int? it doesn't matter all that much, at 60 you should be balancing your spells in such a way that the mana regen is about equal to the rate of mana spending. Necros especially should be stacking HP as much as they can. Its a larger pool for mordinia to be able to fill and having more hp = less death.

I made a human necro when I knew nothing about this game and have regretted not making an iksar for about a year now, I advise all necros to be iksar.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easy mode, omg my 6 year old can play I don't have to parent anymore, button masher
Just because you logged onto WoW free trial once and you could kill level 1 noobie mobs with 2 frostbolts doesn't quite mean that the whole game is faceroll easy.

Very few adults can faceroll the game, hence the HM/normal separation, and now the LFR difficulty also. I'd pay good money to see a 10-year-old handle a raid of HMs that the raid doesn't vastly outgear, let alone someone younger than that.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Human monks get better fist ratio at 60 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Human Monks where there before iksars, and were the only option!

Play what ever combo you wish, it's role playing afterall
Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS - Lol @ filthyphil. Someone is upset they didn't/couldn't choose an Iksar Necro.....
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would neva be a lizid.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Gnome Warriors are accually fun to play ... Ogres may have advantages , but honestly its gear that matters in this game .
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tbh i wish there werent any race or class restrictions in eq, how cool would it be to actually play a dark elf ranger???
This is Everquest 2 and one of the biggest reasons I thought EQ2 was so dumb. Granted a dark elf ranger would be cool if they all weren't running around with some variation of drizzt but I think you need to have some restrictions. C'mon an ogre bard?

Also, its ironic to see all the people talking about how great RPing is but whenever a thread or guild thread pops up about a roleplaying guild everyone goes on to make fun of people who want to RP.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Everquest was made during the 90's when the concept of virtual worlds was still in vogue. This thread highlights a difference between a world simulator and a simple game. The latter will try to make everything equal due to wanting to be fair. In the former, life isn't always fair and the Ogre is a stronger Warrior than the Wood Elf because the Ogre is a 9 foot tall behemoth and the Woof Elf is some prancing 98-pound weakling. I don't play as Ogres or Trolls and I'm fine with that. I even prefer it. The best race for a given class doesn't have so much advantage as to make the other races useless, and in general your gear and the class you pick both matter far more than your starting race. The non-optimal races usually have advantages of their own anyway, ranging from ease of use to appearance.

Human monks level more quickly than Iksars and have vastly superior starting faction. These two factors combine to make the Human require less of the player's time than the Iksar. That serves as a useful advantage for players with restrictive schedules.

Danth
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Kobold

I just always play Human....I like the "underdog" factor......no vision boosts, no hide/sneak ability, no innate regen, no stun immunity. I also think this stems from a book called "Magic Kingdom For Sale: SOLD!" by Terry Brooks - it was a childhood favorite of mine and I guess the "concept" of a regular human in today's society being immersed in a fantasy world is ultimately how I envisioned myself in EQ all those years ago.

/shrug sumthin like that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Closed Thread