Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Default Iksar Shaman can't use JBB! Reroll?

Is not being able to use a JBB that groundbreaking? Obviously people function without it, as there are plenty of Iksar Shaman. Just curious what is so great about one item that actually dictates that some people avoid a certain race because it cannot use that item. I began an Iksar Shaman and have been told by more than one player this is a big deal. What do you guys think?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar is probably the underdog race for tanking Lodi in Velious, but I wouldn't reroll based on not being able to use an item [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did the Cabilis alchemy vendors get fixed this far on the timeline? If not, THAT is a reason to reroll as its not like you can use the North Ro vendors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Kobold

It's convenient but not necessary. Mana-free nuking is great and all but it's a class that at 60 basically has near-limitless amounts of it factoring in torpor. It will affect your xp intake some, but not your overall solo power, put it that way.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Kobold

I was talking to a guy today, and he mentioned that indeed, there are no alchemy vendors for the Iksar shaman. That's not a big deal for me as a mule can be created to get the supplies if I need them.

I just see how every shaman wears a fungi tunic at higher lvls. With a Iksar or troll, that would not be a necessary item to have. that would save 95k or more, which could be put towards Torpor if I ever got that far.

I also despise how ogres look, and trolls too. Big, fat, ugly. Iksar at least have a more streamlined appearance, and smaller size so they can fit in smaller places if needed. Plus I like the imperialistic look they got, the horned helms and how they hold their shields. I just like them better.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

I had an iksar shaman on live (Swish on Trakanon before it was torn down and movelogged to Tunare). Definitely the race I'd pick if I started one again for exactly the same reasons.

I'd stick with it unless you're under level 10 or have plenty of time to redo the levels you've already done. Iksar get "real" armor in Velious anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Kobold

Yeah thanks. Guess I just needed to hear someone say what I was thinking. Thanks Swish! You being a cat person and all, I should have expected no less!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also despise how ogres look, and trolls too. Big, fat, ugly. Iksar at least have a more streamlined appearance, and smaller size so they can fit in smaller places if needed. Plus I like the imperialistic look they got, the horned helms and how they hold their shields. I just like them better.
Lizards look stupid.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Kobold

Lizards. Look. Awesome.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lizards. Look. Awesome.
no
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

One thing I noticed recently, I can't remember the last time I grouped with a barb shaman in KC or Sebilis...

In fact barb rogues seem to be scarce. People getting lazy at character creation about having to do 8 levels in Everfrost?
Closed Thread