Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a very bad necro on live that people hated because I stole murks, but that's okay cause I'm a registered member to several animu and furry websites to pass my time.
This also
Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Kobold

Screw ShowEQ, I want to know what the excessive XP quests are.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Ok I need a little help with fill in the blanks. First XP quest exploiter belongs to a Ranger from Transcendence by the name of _____, he was also a guide..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He inspired me to make this image

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While many of our members are not thrilled with being punished for the acts of one member, the penalty to us is appropriate as well.
Woah! That's some pretty steep punishment! You miss out on some dragon kill but you still get to farm the planes for gear. I'm sure the staff showed equal leniency when I trained you guys and they told me I couldn't hit lavaduct crawlers for one whole week but kobolds were okay... Oh wait no, I was permabanned for my behavior and my guild members suspended for aggroing Nagafen.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The offending player was permanently banned by the p99 staff. Were he simply suspended, he would be removed from the guild upon the suspension being lifted. Neither this server nor Dark Ascension has any place for people using third party programs, who are, to be clear, cheaters.
Then explain to us why you only remove these "cheaters" after they get the banhammer? Why was DA okay with Raren and Jaytee duping you guys manastones and CT loot out the ass, but when Rogean found out you were quick to deguild them and call them xanax popping idiots that really weren't affiliated with the guild? Did you or did you not give them the loot to dupe?

Why is this situation any different? It's quite simple this response Jayko is simple damage control as opposed to a sincere apology letter, and it's deplorable that your guild has had their hand in the cookie jar for such a long time while you've been blaming and suspending innocent people.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

I gotta say, abacab makes some strong points.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

What about the goings-on that happened a couple months ago where those people were banned and no guilds were punished at all? Honestly, I just don't get it. This is not the first time it's happened within DA but it is the first time we see the entire guild get punished for it. I understand you want to separate the cheats from the legit players wearing the same tag, but ultimately if this sort of thing occurs multiple times within the same tag then you have to start considering that it might be somewhat of a pattern. There are really cool players in DA. In fact I knew some of the original members, but when the wheel that's turning for recruitment is so damn fast because of burnout you just never know who the hell you're recruiting. Having 1 bad apple in a high position can set a tone for the entire guild and I think we can all agree -- even some DA members -- that DA has had some bad apples for a while now.

I've stated this a million times over: just get rid of the god damn variance. It serves absolutely NO practical purpose. Poopsock is over and variance didn't even work back then. It will have to get dumped eventually, so just get rid of it now. We'll all know when the damn thing spawns and there will be far less incentive to use cheats like this. Furthermore, as abacab has stated a million times over, it's damn near impossible to truly detect it with 100% certainty unless there's a p99 downloaded program that's coded by the staff and downloaded to our PCs. Frankly, I would love to see it but the GMs have reiterated that they simply won't do that. Solution? Get rid of the stupid variance.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

btw, the incident before we had guilds actually parked at spawns *before* they would spawn and in the *particular order* they would spawn. Clearly the officers/raid leaders *must* have known. I can't speak for the recent accusations, though.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

other guilds appear quite happy to keep their suspended players after they have been found cheating/training purposefully.

i'm not in DA either. just saying. this seems a bit odd to have been applied to DA but not to others.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
other guilds appear quite happy to keep their suspended players after they have been found cheating/training purposefully.

i'm not in DA either. just saying. this seems a bit odd to have been applied to DA but not to others.
Ain't hating on Jaytee cause we bros but...

When Jaytee was banned for duping, he was still in DA on his rogue, so it's not as if DA actively removes those found guilty.
Closed Thread