Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Developer

I'd say that there would be a high probability of a new server being created after Velious has been out for a while.

Besides. I'm sure the devs want a chance to play on a fresh server too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

My memory sucks...but did people not need to gear up in luclin to be able to handle the planes? Or is it entirely possible to do PoP content completely skipping Luclin?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Kobold

I really liked luclin and PoP, after that EQ became more and more bah tho, loved the AAs, made people play there mains in groups instead of just twinking alts over and over again
Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Kobold

luclin character models were death to my eyes and the bazaar was death to any real traders. the PoP were only cool because it actually showed you all the gods from the era that mattered (classic).

it would be cool if after velious the GMs tried to script a custom event, or add a custom mob that requires a completely unique strategy to kill. would take time i bet, but after Velious, all they have is time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Kobold

They should add PoP, minus PoK, without increasing the level cap or adding AAs.

Mmmmm... challenge.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownrage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My memory sucks...but did people not need to gear up in luclin to be able to handle the planes? Or is it entirely possible to do PoP content completely skipping Luclin?
You could skip Luclin and just gear up in the the lower planes.
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvappe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really liked luclin and PoP, after that EQ became more and more bah tho, loved the AAs, made people play there mains in groups instead of just twinking alts over and over again
Twinking alts kept players in all stages of the game. Without that, all zones capable of sustaining level 60 characters were overrun by players constantly grinding out AA points.

As far as I'm concerned, AA's broke the game more than the bazaar and POK books ever did.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Kobold

I like the idea that this server won't go past Velious and I hope the devs stick to that. On the other hand I can understand the concern that this will mean eventual stagnation. What I would prefer to see instead of adding later expansions, and I'm sure I'll be shouted down for this, is custom content grouping dungeons. Not raid targets but just big, public, grouping dungeons for the high end.

My idea for this would be a multi-level dungeon with increasing risk/reward the deeper you go in. So the first level would have slightly higher than normal exp loss upon death. The second level would have the same exp loss but rezing would be disabled so you can't recover lost exp. The third level would have exp loss, no rez, and the deletion of one item from your inventory upon death, and so on. Remember this would be for max level characters in danger of running out of things to do.

To prevent people from zerging and turning it into a defacto raid dungeon, put in place some kinda of anti-zerg code. If a mob gets more than six people on it's agro list it causes additional mobs to spawn which are just as tough but drop no loot. Or something like that. Maybe only for named mobs and have those spawn in discreet rooms to prevent total chaos. But anyway, if something like that could be done I'd much prefer it to adding luclin.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Mage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've looked around the forum but I haven't been able to find much info... What are the plans for the future of the server after Velious is released?

I know that there are no ambitions to release any other post-Luclin expansions, but at the same time the fact of the matter is that any MMO, no matter how good or bad, gets stale and dies unless new content is released. Will the Proejct 1999 server be instituting any new content after Velious? Or will the server just simply try to hang on as long as it can before people get bored and the population fades away?

Granted this is still a ways off since it will probably be at least a year until Velious comes out. But I hate to think that the server as a whole will have such a limited life span.
There used to be a gazillion threads about this, oh, a year or so ago.

The upshot was, almost every other EQ server in existence has the later expansions. If you really want to play the Fairies of Foodark expansion or whatever, you should play one of the servers that has it. Why would you not?

Surely there is room in the world for ONE classic server without people clamoring for it to be "improved" like Live was. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The staff has said over and over (and over and over) that this is a classic server and will stop at Velious. As Secrets once said (paraphrasing), it might even be kind of psychotic to play on a server that will stop at Velious if you actually want to play on a server that does not stop at Velious. That would be like me playing on Live and complaining that it wasn't a classic server.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant, but it sure felt good.