Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Large Rat

People are really toxic about this which is a shame. My wife and I met in EQ 15 years ago. We stopped playing right after Velious so when I found p1999 you can imagine how stoked I was for a nostalgia hit. We installed on both of our computers and then found out that you can't log in two accounts at the same time. So yeah, I asked for an exemption too.

I guess that being new here puts me into a position where I can't truly understand where the hostility is coming from - but having such a small community overall (and especially in a game that relies heavily on grouping) I would think that people would be excited about two people coming in to adventure together.

In the meantime I get the game is free, so I will bide my time and hope for a response eventually.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

There's just been a lot of people that abuse it, that's the only reason... plus RNF if you rant about anything the game seems to be watching everyone attacking the person ranting. Not sure why, but we go with it.

Nobody seems to get disciplined for mentioning a VPN/tethering your phone over a wireless connection (different IP), so I'll add to those who have said it in other threads...til the exemption goes through.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Large Rat

I just went back and edited my petition and added this:

http://webpages.charter.net/trelyrien/

IF you click on that you'll see screenshots supporting my petition of having played and met my wife in 2002 (the pictures are all put there in 2002). Obviously there's no way to prove Shendeavorelae is really my wife but anyone certainly couldn't deny the fact that I whooped Nagafen's red butt and won a round of Test of Tactics. Anyway, it's just sad that so many people assume guilt and I wonder how many folks have just been turned off and away by that. But then again, I am quite sure you guys are not lying about an abundance of multi boxing.

I only post this because I feel like some folks should see proof that people aren't just trying to mess with the system!

In the meantime, I guess we may look into alternatives. O.o
Old 09-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelyrien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are really toxic about this which is a shame. My wife and I met in EQ 15 years ago. We stopped playing right after Velious so when I found p1999 you can imagine how stoked I was for a nostalgia hit. We installed on both of our computers and then found out that you can't log in two accounts at the same time. So yeah, I asked for an exemption too.

I guess that being new here puts me into a position where I can't truly understand where the hostility is coming from - but having such a small community overall (and especially in a game that relies heavily on grouping) I would think that people would be excited about two people coming in to adventure together.

In the meantime I get the game is free, so I will bide my time and hope for a response eventually.
There are four thousand threads started about the same shit. Instead of creating an entitled thread, op should have done a simple search. You can find out how the ip expemtions get approved, how effective it is to bump the thread, how long people have waited, etc.. Hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Large Rat

Eh, yeah I happened on this thread because of a search so I get that.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Bumping your petition puts it to the back apparently (not trolling)...hopefully the staff see this thread and remember that ^^
Old 09-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

If you use a VPN / Proxy Server you can 2-box with your wife using that. I have spoken with devs and they said it isn't a problem. They may look more closely at your characters to make certain that you aren't playing them yourself though, so make sure that if you are both logged in that you can prove youre not 2-boxing immediately when asked.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Large Bat

You guys, I am a 29 year old married guy with two kids. I'm not trying to pour 1,000 hours with two computers to I can play two toons at once... I like playing in my free time, and my wife has never played, and said she would give it a shot. I don't understand why there is so much suspicion behind it all.

I did research it, and I did look it up, but I figured I could maybe get a Septermber 2017 response. Forgive me for trying to bring my wife into the game... Thanks for the support all.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys, I am a 29 year old married guy with two kids. I'm not trying to pour 1,000 hours with two computers to I can play two toons at once... I like playing in my free time, and my wife has never played, and said she would give it a shot. I don't understand why there is so much suspicion behind it all.

I did research it, and I did look it up, but I figured I could maybe get a Septermber 2017 response. Forgive me for trying to bring my wife into the game... Thanks for the support all.
You should ignore the trolls on these forums. Most of them probably don't even play on the server any longer. They just come here because they are sad and fat and have nothing else to do or read.

As I said, if you're tired of waiting for an exemption you can use a VPN service like HotSpotShield or something so you have different IP addresses. This will allow you to play on both of your computers in the same home.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:23 AM
Banned

don't ignore the trolls
Closed Thread