Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

That would be against our corporate values that intend to uphold a community of solidarity in which the very rich ensure the mobility of the very poor.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uber is so last decade

it's all about uper now
^^
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 09-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every member of UPER should charge 10pp per port, no more no less.
Taking this OP seriously, the issue with the new venture having a base cost of 10pp (we can assume that experienced players will tip more) is that a large percentage of customers might still stick to just handing over 10pp, which will be accepted and life will go on. The issue is such a venture, assuming it's successful, will fill up rapidly with customers with that low rate and the time available from an UPER who will be in Tell Hell which will limit their ability to interact and entertain their customers.

But then again, Everquest was always intended to be a game that hinged on players interacting with each other. I guess some UPERS members would welcome the challenge of a hectic pace.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking this OP seriously, the issue with the new venture having a base cost of 10pp (we can assume that experienced players will tip more) is that a large percentage of customers might still stick to just handing over 10pp, which will be accepted and life will go on. The issue is such a venture, assuming it's successful, will fill up rapidly with customers with that low rate and the time available from an UPER who will be in Tell Hell which will limit their ability to interact and entertain their customers.

But then again, Everquest was always intended to be a game that hinged on players interacting with each other. I guess some UPERS members would welcome the challenge of a hectic pace.
In the spirit of UPER, each porter will never have more than 3 people in a queue, that will eliminate long wait times, and also alleviate the stress on the porter.

They simply need to pull tag down when they have 3 people in a queue waiting for a port.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Will Uper maintain a black list? And how does one get on it? Is being a BDA member enough?
Old 09-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

A++++ service. Super fast. Would buy again.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I spent a couple years in DaP, never once set a price for a port. When I was asked I always responded "whatever you can afford". Sometimes the ToV feared level 60 gave me 10p. Sometimes the super twinked lvl 5 gave me 500p. I've got items worth up to 5k as tips. And been stiffed completely multiple times in a row. All in all, I know for a fact I often made more than the DaP'ers that would set prices.

If your truly trying to provide a service. Do it for donations and I'll bet you will make more than otherwise.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryBones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My biggest donation to a porter was 3k plat. Was to a level 29 unguilded druid with some very very low tier gear. (S)he was completely baffled and sent me tells for weeks after thanking me.

If you try and enforce a set price you will garner resentment. No doubt.
True definition of - Gentlemen and a Scholar

Bravo
Old 09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will Uper maintain a black list? And how does one get on it? Is being a BDA member enough?
UPER does not feature a black list, but we intend to run a list of assholes. Asshole determination will be based on hints by other passengers. So if you think some1 is an asshole, send a screenshot to me or other UPER drivers here on the website. Assholes will be charged a 4% extra fee per hint when being ported.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the spirit of UPER, each porter will never have more than 3 people in a queue, that will eliminate long wait times, and also alleviate the stress on the porter.

They simply need to pull tag down when they have 3 people in a queue waiting for a port.
We'll never pull our tags down, but we feature a guild internal online system that encourages UPER drivers to log in when supply in ports gets low. Let me assure you though, that low supply will not affect prices for travellers, it will only affect our internal billing system. If you call UPER, you can be sure you will receive the price determined by your gear and level solely.

Please note though that our software will collect your equipment and level data. Thus, deleveling your character heavily before calling an UPER port or switching gear to low raw hide will not work as our data base will send an alert to our driver then.
Closed Thread