Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rekt.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Gm's got time to come say that nonsense but won't comment on the inconsistent nature in which they choose to implement this policy, or why Heartbrand seems to have received special treatment(on numerous occasions), while the rest of us get served hot plates of policy.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gm's got time to come say that nonsense but won't comment on the inconsistent nature in which they choose to implement this policy, or why Heartbrand seems to have received special treatment(on numerous occasions), while the rest of us get served hot plates of policy.
I believe that your case was differant because your account was whored out more than Genedens wife's picture.

Nothxu said his account has never been whored out, but I think what Eunonia is infering is that the account info was infact given out.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sektor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rexx doesn't care tho, still makes 50+ posts a day
This isn't about me bud

You of all people should be respecting the GMs
Old 09-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your case happened before I became a GM and set this policy in stone. I have already stated that I would not retroactively apply new policy to old situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for your input and presentation of the facts that lead you to this conclusion
We aren't allowed to share information that was posted in the petition forum unless we have permission from the account holder. Suffice it to say that his account was not hacked, and it was accessed and stripped as a result of his own actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may not be aware, but volunteers (as in the volunteer support staff for these servers), by definition, agree to work of their own free will and without expectation of pay or reward.
We are following policy to the letter. As in, doing our jobs. If you don't like the policy, don't share your account information and you won't have to worry about it. Or don't play here. Either one works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple
As far as customer service work goes this should be at the top of the list.
...What? Why? I'd much rather put the people who lose their items due to server bugs/errors, or are legitimately fucked over in a situation that was completely out of control at the top of my list, rather than spend a ton of time sorting out what happened in an account strip that could have easily been prevented by smart security practices. The bottom line is that if you share account information and get stripped, it's your fault. Why should we take time away from the people who have problems outside of their control to help people who fucked themselves over? There are already plenty of "legit" petitions that need to be dealt with - I'm not going to set aside extra time for people who don't take our advice about their accounts.

I think I stated this before, but this whole "account strip/stolen items" thing can be abused as well. It's simply not our responsibility to take care of this. Go read the Play Nice Policy regarding fraud to familiarize yourself with procedure.

Nothxu got his response as to who stole his gear. I'm closing this thread. If he wants to name and shame, he can make a new one.
Last edited by Derubael; 09-26-2014 at 12:59 PM..
Closed Thread