Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A logical person would say that compromises need to be made for a server that will have a population of a few hundred prime time emulating a game made for a few thousand prime time. Project 1999 works because its a blue server with 3-4 times the population we will have.

If we end up getting as many regular players as project 1999, then by all means turn it off. But driving the server into the ground because you don't want to compromise on a few things in the spirit of keeping it classic is just dumb.
LOL @ turning off global OOC ruining the server population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

I was against global ooc at first... last night was hilarious.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

We already have global OOC...

its called MIRC...#red99

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

i like global ooc
Old 10-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

mirc is weak pidgin ftw
Old 10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

Not sure why you guys think the server will have a small population. The beta has lots more people than p99 did.
So you agree then that the red players are better overall than the blue?

<3
Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then TURN IT OFF. Seriously, if you don't like global ooc its really really simple to filter it so it doesn't appear. There, you have your stupid immersion (aka sitting in a zone with only a few, if any people to talk to) and everyone who wants a global channel has it. I would understand people not wanting it in if you had to keep it on, but you don't so this argument boggles my mind.

The only logical argument against global ooc is that it isn't classic, which unfortunately carries a lot of weight here.

^agreed. Takes five seconds to filter it off or on, but I digress.

OOC is the one chat channel that actually makes sense to have be global. Shout and Say - you would expect to be zone specific and relevant to "immersion".

It seems like the only people complaining are doing so because it is on for them by default. So if you have it off by default, doesn't everyone get what they want? The neckbeards who want immersion have /shout + peace and quiet, and the basketball players can turn on OOC to talk some trash.

Thoughts? A compromise would be smart here because otherwise you're basically disappointing half the playerbase.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

Not sure why you guys think the server will have a small population. The beta has lots more people than p99 did.
To be fair, p99 beta had like 5 people because no one knew about it until it released and got huge.

lol wut
Old 10-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^agreed. Takes five seconds to filter it off or on, but I digress.

OOC is the one chat channel that actually makes sense to have be global. Shout and Say - you would expect to be zone specific and relevant to "immersion".

It seems like the only people complaining are doing so because it is on for them by default. So if you have it off by default, doesn't everyone get what they want? The neckbeards who want immersion have /shout + peace and quiet, and the basketball players can turn on OOC to talk some trash.

Thoughts? A compromise would be smart here because otherwise you're basically disappointing half the playerbase.
I was going to try and answer you and give reasons why its a horrible idea, especially on a PvP server, but it sounds like it wont be happening so i'll just say:

No, Not Classic.
Last edited by Palemoon; 10-01-2011 at 11:10 PM..
Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Large Rat

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who populate OOC with their garbage are the people I couldn't care less about playing red99, much less being disappointed.

It's not classic. It ruins immersion. It's rarely helpful. And it's full of utter trash and attention whores textually masturbating while regurgitating every dead meme ever and insulting one another with black jokes.

Compromise? How about an opt-in only channel that all those clowns can join.

No global OOC.
Closed Thread