Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change classic-mechanics here to allow more guilds access to raid content?
Yes 75 42.13%
No 103 57.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am still interested in hearing proposals for better end game systems. In the past, I have tried to comment on the ones I thought were good and still in the spirit of classic, non-instanced raiding.

If there was a perfect system in which raid targets spawned simultaneously within a certain window:

• Would guilds still poopsock?
  • Would a single guild still get most of the targets?
From what I've seen, raiding guilds on p99 have far greater numbers than were historically on my eqlive server. I would hate to make a system that somehow made things worse :T

Anyways, keep up the proposals. Hopefully something is suggested that supports more guilds getting targets without diminishing competition.
Not so much a solution to poopsocking, but more of a solution to offload "referee" burden from the guides/GMs:

Is there a compelling reason (except for "its not classic1!!1") why a zonewide shout by a raid mob indicating FTE and return to target seek mode could not be implemented? Then, the guides dont have to waste time trying to sort out what happened and transferring loot around, and no one can rules-lawyer FTE. Or even a death message that indicates who had FTE during the encounter that led to its death (although the preference would be knowing FTE at the beginning of the encounter so you can pull your raid force and let your opponent reap the consequence of their premature engage.)

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles