Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Default Just discovered P1999! Super Thrilled

I started playing EQ with Ruins of Kunark and it has always stood out as my favorite game of all time. I've just never encountered anything like it.

I quit during college (too addicting, gpa dropped, etc.) and haven't played since. I was feeling nostalgic and watched a YouTube video that mentioned this server, and knew I just had to jump back in! (But with way more time restrictions than I used to give myself!)

I'm super pumped to try it out! I'll likely roll up a Shaman since that was a class I never tried back in the day. Any pointers from veterans?
Old 04-13-2020, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Well, after looking at a lot of posts, I ended up making a halfling druid as my first character since 2004 or so. So far lv. 4 and moving up!
Old 04-13-2020, 12:18 PM
Banned

Follow the starting guide and setup, the p99 wiki is also a popular resource, this forum practices pwnin in other sections so keep that in mind, have a good time.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to Norrath!!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-13-2020, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome back!
Old 04-14-2020, 11:58 AM
Aviak

This sure has brought back some fond memories. I made the run to Freeport last night and stopped by the EC Tunnel. It's awesome to see it busy as ever!

I'd forgotten how easy it was to die in the early game. I hit level 6 and tried my hand at the goblins in Misty Thicket. They conned blue so I figured "hey, if I can get them one at a time, I should be good." Nope. Whiff Whiff Whiff, and then I was desperately trying to root and run, aaaaaand welcome back to level 5.

And it still holds true that it makes your whole day when a passing player to throws out a buff or SoW. Heck someone gave me a small round shield and it helped out a ton. Honestly, this is the main reason I was considering shaman or druid coming back. I like the idea of just plopping myself down in a newbie zone and buffing the heck outta folks.

This game is great.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Thumbs up

Welcome back bud! If you're feeling stuck on where to go, head to East Commonlands and try to join a group or get some buffs at the tunnel to solo. They just changed the exp in several zones near you, so Runnyeye and the Gorge are now really nice spots to get you to level 20. Have fun!
Old 04-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back! I"m relatively new as well (last September), I started a necro as that was my main back in live but a couple months back I made a halfing druid on a whim and never looked back. I orignally made him just to check out Rivervale but some higher level guy dropped a http://wiki.project1999.com/Bear-hide_Jerkin on me and buffed me at level 1 (thanks Thasmon!) and I'm still wearing it at 43! (dont' worry, not all my gear sucks, mana is over 1800 at 43, wis at 186 so room to grow a bit).

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 04-14-2020, 10:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back! I"m relatively new as well (last September), I started a necro as that was my main back in live but a couple months back I made a halfing druid on a whim and never looked back. I orignally made him just to check out Rivervale but some higher level guy dropped a http://wiki.project1999.com/Bear-hide_Jerkin on me and buffed me at level 1 (thanks Thasmon!) and I'm still wearing it at 43! (dont' worry, not all my gear sucks, mana is over 1800 at 43, wis at 186 so room to grow a bit).
Nice! This is the sort of thing I want to be able to do for returning folks soon.

Question: Does anyone have suggestions for a decent weapon I can save for on the low end as a druid?
Old 04-14-2020, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question: Does anyone have suggestions for a decent weapon I can save for on the low end as a druid?

Honestly, save your plat for spells and more important items in the future, and just wield whatever you pick up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread