Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Kobold

I don't remember casting on a mob, and while its inc having it train onto someone else from social agro. If classic, it fucking sucks.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've worked on a crap tonne of factions in 99's and 2000's playing EQ. And I don't ever remember having someone else screw my faction up just by me sitting near where they kill a mob, or near where they pathed a mob and killed it. Don't know about max KOS, but people have had faction hits from mobs which where threateningly (though I don't really haven't been in a situation where this would have been possible in the last few days since the advertised fix).

Point is, if the P99 devs like the change and want to keep it - that's great, it's their project, their server, and ultimately their decision. But can we please quit lying and pretending this somehow resembles "classic" ? To be fair, it does feel like it's being tweaked, but with that it feels like all that the tweaks are doing, is decreasing the sit aggro range instead of fixing the actual sit aggro problem. So you still have the same broken mechanic - just within a lesser radius - which is not really fixing anything imho.
You need to read my post again bro - shits not classic at all.

There are two reasons oasis trains worked:
1) mobs were considerably higher level than the rest of the zone (sg's and spectres).
2) max kos allowed them to be dragged over players and dropped on their heads.

As I understand it, you can body pull a guard and drag it over someone transferring the agro. That shouldn't work if the target has faction with the guard.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Fire Giant

hops this isnt just being forgotten now that velious beta is out.

Plenty of links and such have been posted showing its not correct. Any update from dev team on this issue?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Banned

this def still isnt working right i was just sitting at the zone in my war in mm and a ranger pulled with nuke to zone in and it hit me, a druid, another war just sitting there then went back to aggro him after stand. when i sat again he went for me. wtf
Old 03-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Accidentally trained castle entrance at MM the other day. Was clearing the blood wolves by where black dire spawns, except I managed to get the dark elf and her gargs too...wasn't impossible but I was like #yolo and feigned death.

That should have been the end of it, but there were people medding up in the CE area, and after 5-6 seconds the mobs decided they weren't going back to their positions but would go and add on the CE group.

Think it killed 2-3 people. Something isn't right with it, shouldn't affect the Z axis that much?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Accidentally trained castle entrance at MM the other day. Was clearing the blood wolves by where black dire spawns, except I managed to get the dark elf and her gargs too...wasn't impossible but I was like #yolo and feigned death.

That should have been the end of it, but there were people medding up in the CE area, and after 5-6 seconds the mobs decided they weren't going back to their positions but would go and add on the CE group.

Think it killed 2-3 people. Something isn't right with it, shouldn't affect the Z axis that much?
I've seen that happen a few times now in MM the past couple of nights.. lol. the trains are pretty ugly and everyone is confused as to all hell how it started [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this sit aggro is really odd. seems a little overly done, I hope there are plans to revise it.
Closed Thread