Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Sit agro is classic, to the point a warrior is taking it to 50% and you have done nothing but literally sit within agro range and pull agro....if true wrong, but I highly highly doubt this.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Orc

Yes, when I read that patch note I literally face palmed because I knew this was going to happen. They really should work on fixing the screwed up aggro on this server before adding things that screws up aggro more.

From what I've been able to determine white damage aggro is nearly non existent. Way way lower than it should be. And now sit aggro is way to high for there to be near non existent white damage aggro.

Yes on live back in the day if the puller didn't do anything at all to the mob when he pulled you could get aggro when the mob got into camp from sitting. However, if the puller hit it with a couple ranged weapons or meleed it a few times, it was a non issue. I've been a monk since 99 so that comes from experience.

Also just to note, if you built up enough aggro from casting nukes you could pull aggro when you sat but were fine as long as you were standing, but you should NEVER pull aggro if you wait till the mob is past 95% before you sit and haven't cast anything at all. And pet aggro just seems beyond pointless atm. Definitely not classic style pet aggro since you can't really do anything at all to a mob being tanked by a pet without pulling aggro.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Large Bat

Agro is not at all like classic. I'm am sure they'll adjust this because it can make things easily exploited, right?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever been in Plane of Fear?
Really? Just because Fear is a cluster fu** doesn't mean lowbie areas should be.

Yes sitting increases threat, but this is terrible. You can do significant damage to a mob, through various means, from several individuals and then with 30% life on the mob, ONE person sits down and it goes clear across the room chasing after them until they stand.

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agro is not at all like classic. I'm am sure they'll adjust this because it can make things easily exploited, right?

Exactly. Someone is dying? Everyone keep sit/standing to pull thread
Old 02-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like its time to aoe everywhere by putting two people on opposite ends of a party and teeter tottering while the casters nuke. Do this for a few hours and it'll get fixed

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 02-23-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I bet complaints/petition about trains will increase now due to someone kiting/pulling mobs and they aggro you while minding your own business.

Time to adjust and make due. Like someone mentioned when flee was added in they ran at sow speed and was fixed. I'm sure adjustments will be made to make things better.

changing the weather one zone at a time...
Old 02-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I bet complaints/petition about trains will increase now due to someone kiting/pulling mobs and they aggro you while minding your own business.
Wow didn't think about that!

Thing is, this is not new territory and it wasn't done under huge management pressure and as a result a slip up was made. This is a simple numerical value that should have been tested locally. How could they thought it was meant to be like this?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Haynar: Aggro checks on mobs that are engaged, will no longer ignore players that are sitting. Sitting will add you to their list. Bumped up the temporary hate from sit aggro, to have a more significant impact on sitting while a mob is being pulled.
It's unplayable. If adds, casters cannot med. Mobs aggro from too far away when you sit.

And you really gotta tell me how it's classic, it's never been like that.

Fenrill
Castless Warrior of the fearsome Cazic Thule
Old 02-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Body pulling a mob over near a sitting person and that person getting agro is classic. Doing a bit of damage to that mob and then having a person who has done nothing else shouldn't be getting hate.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Large Rat

The point is that I still get aggro when the mob has been hit and is 95% hp. I'll get the logs.

Fenrill
Castless Warrior of the fearsome Cazic Thule
Closed Thread