Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Aye, we've got mobs that have been stun locked for minutes racking up huge threat and when it breaks it's all over the ENC. One person sits and vroom off goes the mob after them. Root just became the new mez.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

chello

Ok enough drama on sit agro.

PRIOR to patch chanter using animation pull with weakness step back then animation engages wait for 10 to 15 percent of mob health before sit or i would pull agro.

AFTER patch same animation same mob pull with weakness step back till animation engages. wait till 15 percent health of mob down try to sit and the mob immediately moves toward me stand back up goes back to animation. Wait till 22 to 25 percent of mob health and sit safely.

trying to sit close to mob or far away same results. You can successful ping pong mobs now with the new sit agro mechanic. Used to do this on live so very similair agro as live.

another thing is you can use this sit mechanic to position mob safely now so that it is not in a soothed mob agro range like before since pet animation cannot be back off.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 02-23-2014 at 05:09 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Large Rat

Forget root, just set up one person at each end of the camp and have them sit-kite the mobs back and forth. That's the new mez.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chello

Ok enough drama on sit agro.

PRIOR to patch chanter using animation pull with weakness step back then animation engages wait for 10 to 15 percent of mob health before sit or i would pull agro.

AFTER patch same animation same mob pull with weakness step back till animation engages. wait till 15 percent health of mob down try to sit and the mob immediately moves toward me stand back up goes back to animation. Wait till 25 percent of mob health and sit safely.

trying to sit close to mob or far away same results. You can successful ping pong mobs now with the new sit agro mechanic. Used to do this on live so very similair agor as live.
Rationalize all you want, when a mob is pulled into a room on the far side, gets slammed to 80% within mere seconds and then debuffed, I'd say one person sitting down who hasn't engaged the fight, is not a threat...

And yet here we are pingponging mobs.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Large Rat

In unrest we have mobs running from one end of the courtyard to the other to attack a sitting person in another group. Seems like there's no radius on it?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Aye, the yard is crazy, but not that crazy.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Why not posted in bug forum?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I do think the sit aggro is a tad overtuned. What's odd to me, is that, When I'm sat when the tank go pull, bring the mob back, the mob will beat on the tank for 2-3 sec, then run for me (at that point i have done nothing but being sat). As if sit aggro was calculated on server ticks, not just when doing the action of sitting, I don't recall that from the old days (could be faulty memory)
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not posted in bug forum?
because this is intended?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rationalize all you want, when a mob is pulled into a room on the far side, gets slammed to 80% within mere seconds and then debuffed, I'd say one person sitting down who hasn't engaged the fight, is not a threat...

And yet here we are pingponging mobs.
I just did a very easy test any pet class can do. why the heck would i fabricate this information. here is an idea run the same test yourself and then you can see how it work for single person no one around.

Now as to mob running all over because they have someone who was sitting near them on the pull or by their path that i cannot test yet but i will.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Closed Thread