Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to play a wizard on live, there were many times where I'd med/afk through pulls and not have to worry about anything hitting me on the pull. After the patch today it seems like if anyone pulls something anywhere near you it will attack you, I've had people fighting things near me and have them at around 80% life and I'd sit down and they would come over and hit me.

Pretty sure the sit aggro went a little over the top with the patch today.

Thank you for mentioning wizard (both of you), this is extremely poignant because often people complained that all wizards (Alarti) and mages do/did was sit around and afk the whole time.

If THIS sitting aggro is classic, how come they never get/got attacked????
Old 02-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow one person watched three pulls that could have been any type of pull.
What a great test bed that was - talk about digging deep for samples.
you said they don't know how the changes played out yet, I just told you they do. The point of being so aggressive now is...?

We had everything, ping pong on pull, late sit agro on 30% hp mobs. What else do you want?
Old 02-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Orc

Sit aggro borked.

My pets hold zero aggro even if I do nothing to the mob.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Kobold

This is a classic mechanic. I distinctly remember medding during pulls being a big no no.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a classic mechanic. I distinctly remember medding during pulls being a big no no.
Yeah, only because of the off chance the warrior would fail to tag with his bow or whatever. Once the tank was on it there was no ping pong from sitting.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Just ignore the brown-nosers. They start chirping up with the "it's fine!" drivel any time anything gets broken. Obviously casters weren't pulling sit aggro on engaged mobs at 1/2 or 1/3 life. Everyone knows it, the devs know it, it'll get fixed.

In the meantime, the wife is glad she plays a Shaman and doesn't have to sit to maintain useful mana regen.

Danth
Old 02-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
In the meantime, the wife is glad she plays a Shaman and doesn't have to sit to maintain useful mana regen.
FML I just rerolled.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Large Rat

I was killing a level 6 bear on my level 7 druid. I had the bear down to about 20% health.

A level 36 necro sits down to med about a dozen or so feet away. Bear immediately bee lines it to the necro and is killed by his pet.

This is nothing like live.

Has anyone tested sitting down in the LGuk bedroom? Probably pull half the zone.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Aviak

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if dozens of mages suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember this too. However there are lots of posts here talking about mobs turning on someone who has generated no aggro after being stunlocked by others or beaten down large percentages of their health. If this is happening then not only is this not like classic but this is a huge problem.
Closed Thread