Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 04-16-2022, 09:52 AM
Large Bat

Default How am I supposed to level in Everfrost Peaks

Hi, I'm a returning player starting again on Green. Yesterday I rolled a barbarian shaman. A nice enchanter gave me 10pp for spells and a clarity and off I went.

I'm level 1 so I can only kill skeletons. The problem I'm running into is there are no skeletons to kill. I killed the few I could find but the skele's ph respawned a level 2 mob I couldn't handle. Everywhere I ran there were no skeletons and I didn't see one gnoll pup the whole time.

Night fell and I took a break outside Halas. In the morning I started again but found no skeletons. I decided to call it. I typed /play and I hit 2 hours and I was still level 1.

What am I supposed to do?
Old 04-16-2022, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

So in this case what you would want to do is pull try pulling the higher level mobs back to the guards to kill. Also, as far as dealing with the night as a blind race you can consider cranking your gamma up during the night.

Everfrost hs always been considered one of the worst zones in the game for the first few levels( it gets a lot better once you can hit BB). you've already encountered some of the issues, and soon you will be dealing with the vengeful lyrcist randomly wandering down the path and bulldozing you.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in this case what you would want to do is pull try pulling the higher level mobs back to the guards to kill. Also, as far as dealing with the night as a blind race you can consider cranking your gamma up during the night.

Everfrost hs always been considered one of the worst zones in the game for the first few levels( it gets a lot better once you can hit BB). you've already encountered some of the issues, and soon you will be dealing with the vengeful lyrcist randomly wandering down the path and bulldozing you.
In your experience, how often is the Ice Giant camp just outside the Permafrost entrance open?
Old 04-16-2022, 12:21 PM
Orc

If I recall, stick to the area to left of the guards. Most things con yellow, but the spiders are probably the easiest until you hit 2. Can also spam Inner Flame and Burst of Fire. After you hit 2 it’s easier. Good news is you spawn in EF so a quicker corpse run.

There are a few goblin camps to get you to 5 or 6. Then go to the Blackburrow entrance (either EF or Qeynos) side.

Also, in before “quit and re-roll Ogre”
Old 04-16-2022, 01:00 PM
Kobold

The gnoll pups and wandering goblins are level 1 also. Really just have to power through on them. If you can snag a Cracked Staff from one it will really help. Next you can do wolves and spiders, then bears and the igloo goblins. Splitting the BB ent gnolls is great after 4. The wooly fungus and gnoll fang quests will help speed it along. Unless you really want to level in BB (which is great imo) its worth it to travel to greener pastures with more people.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Large Bat

Okay, round two was much better. I logged on and there were skeletons up and when there were no more I pulled mobs to the guards to kill them. It was slow going but it worked.

I hit level 2 as night fell and parked infront of Halas. A level 1 warrior who kept dying asked me to group up with him and we grouped up and killed and killed and killed. I just finished leveling with him and got to level 4, 1 yellow from 5.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Nice work. Thats EQ for ya. Now you're getting close to black burrow on QH and Halas side mobs.

It's not the easiest place to level up but its a classically mystical awesome experience like all the good old world zones. Going from the norsemans home in halas, finding your way through the peaks by memory eventually even in the dark is just the best.

Finding those elfs and humans in black burrow, such a great place to explore.

enjoy!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:33 PM
Banned

press q and pray
Old 04-16-2022, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Haha go on a like week long adventure trying to get to blackburrow and find your fortune in the filthy city of qeynos!

Youre supposed to feel like, "wow, im end game." When you're level 10 for a first timer. So dont expect to get there quickly.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

My first character with like a hundred hours in was level 7 and wearing mostly small bronze, and had a mino axe. He was basically full on end game. Wood elf warrior but I left faydwer for friendlier places cuz I was rallos zek and KoS to dwarfs. I was taking care of business in misty thicket and could kill most any mob there and felt like I was pretty much the man
Lost but not forgotten.