Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Banned

Default Stein of Moggok Quest

I was looking for a good resource to figure out how to get this item. I remember it being fairly cheap for how powerful it was.

As a gnome necro I don't even think I can do the quest alone. Is it possible to hand some quest items to an ogre friend or level 1 character of my own to complete this quest? Does anyone have a guide on how to complete this quest by yourself without evil races or enchanter class character?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Banned

It's not worth it if you're not an enchanter. You would need to spend 100x more time raising faction in Erudin, Freeport, Rivervale, and Oggok than it would take you to farm the 300pp to buy one.

Edit: Also, it takes like 30 seconds to look the quest up on allakhazam to see the items are no drop and the factions you would need to raise to complete the it. A post wasn't really necessary.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Either level and Enchanter to 12(?) I think it is where you have the necessary illusions / faction spells.

Or buy one for 300pp
Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Aviak

That's about the level a friend of mine did it with his enchanter.
Human Shadowknight
Oddkin
Darkelf Necromancer
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned

An Agnostic Dark Elf Enchanter could do it as early as level 4 (Illusion Human) on Live, although I'm not sure for P99 as faction is a little different.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Agnostic Dark Elf Enchanter could do it as early as level 4 (Illusion Human) on Live, although I'm not sure for P99 as faction is a little different.
Just confirming that yes, you can do it at 4 with an agnostic DE Enchanter :-)

Since you only need high Indifference to Clurg not much faction work was needed, 1x4 Lizard Tails to Horgus and 17x4 Lizard Meats to Kogna was enough to send him Aimiable. Not actually sure at which point he tipped over, I was checking the faction with Kogna as I went along (who stayed Apprehensive).

I did it from scratch, with no funds/aid/buffs from other characters. Spend was about 7pp for the spells, tiny daggers and ingredients (for which you get 2pp back when handing in for the Barkeep's Compendium) then about 6pp for the tails & meat (for which you get back about 2pp for selling the axes) making a total of 9pp.

Time it took was 3 hours to get to level 4 (with enough cash for spells), 3 hours to get the Barkeep's Compendium (it took an hour alone to get 3 honeycombs), then an hour to get to Oggok and do the faction work.

A bit harder than doing it with my level 8 DE Enc, as yard trash aggros on you, and you can't take as many hits from the Crypt Mummies in the Oasis :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DE Agnostic Enc Stein at 4.jpg (97.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

You definitely can't do it as a Gnome Necro without TONS of faction work (as previously stated).

And generally you need the spell Alliance at level 8 as a DE Agnostic Enchanter to get this to work, most of the time your faction with Clurg is not as good as it should be to fully hand in the quest. Alliance helps to close that gap.

If you need direction on the quest for P99... just PM me. I can explain the process. I've got it down pat. It will take a good amount of time to complete on your own.

Or I can sell you one for 300pp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

Well I have looked over the quest requirements and I'm going to try to come up with as many of the items x2 as I can: the nut, the fish, the jum juice, etc. on my own and then try to find a level 8 enchanter to help me do the quest twice.

If I get a human warrior to level 3, and a halfling to 2 or so, it looks like I can do the quest pretty quickly with the help of a level 8 enchanter.

I just started yesterday and I don't have the 300pp. A Stein of moggok is a great starting item too.. that should last me for quite some time.

As of now I'm only level 7 so I will probably wait until level 12, then find a partner thats a DE Enchanter 8+ to go through it twice. One question I do have is what items are No Drop that I will not be able to provide for the enchanter before hand?

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I have looked over the quest requirements and I'm going to try to come up with as many of the items x2 as I can: the nut, the fish, the jum juice, etc. on my own and then try to find a level 8 enchanter to help me do the quest twice.
Everything is lore besides the Kiola Nut.
They are also No Drop.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

I started my Necro when the server launched, when no one had any money to throw around.

I made 250pp for mine by level 12.

That honestly may be easier / quicker for you than trying to level 3 chars and get help to quest it

Also, it is lore, why are you trying to get 2?

You might be thinking of the other one, Crude Stein.
Closed Thread