Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, First order of business so you don't get lynched: EQ2 was POST GLORY DAYS!
Sorry about that, I'm not really that knowledgable about the franchise's history.

About the tips being provided; thanks a lot everybody! This really helps me a lot. I'll try following advice as much as I can, because I honestly have no clue about this game (yet, at least).
Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry about that, I'm not really that knowledgable about the franchise's history.

About the tips being provided; thanks a lot everybody! This really helps me a lot. I'll try following advice as much as I can, because I honestly have no clue about this game (yet, at least).

Don't worry, what seems difficult and confusing right now will become second nature later.

Getting around and doing things in EQ is a lot like in real life. If i asked you to tell me in detail how you get to your grandmother's house, you would probably have to make a mental effort to describe it to me, yet, if you hopped in your car you'd know exactly what to do without thinking, because you've done it before.

When you start the game you're lost for half an hour in your starting city. If you stick to it, eventually you will know where are all the camps in every zone, you will have a mental roadmap of the game allowing you to know how to get to some place starting from where you are at the moment.

It's just a matter of repetition and time spent playing the game, hang tight it will grow on you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Aviak

I couldn't imagine playing EQ for the first time again. I got eased in by a friend of mine (watched him play for about 8 hours the week after he got the game) so I had a little bit of knowledge coming in. I tried to get my girlfriend o play for a little (she had played SWtoR) and just couldn't get it.

Believe me when I say, it isn't easy, especially when coming from any more modern game. You aren't going to be handed anything, there is no tutorial, and the world is pretty unforgiving. Wander a bit too far and BAM, getting two shot by mobs and back to your bind spot. But! Stick with it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry, what seems difficult and confusing right now will become second nature later.

Getting around and doing things in EQ is a lot like in real life. If i asked you to tell me in detail how you get to your grandmother's house, you would probably have to make a mental effort to describe it to me, yet, if you hopped in your car you'd know exactly what to do without thinking, because you've done it before.
This results in such useless directions from people as "After you port into feerrott, hang a left and you'll run right to it."
Old 04-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wander a bit too far and BAM, getting two shot by mobs and back to your bind spot. But! Stick with it. You won't be disappointed.
wait not only that, you have to run back to your corpse because all your stuff is on your corpse....

wait until you wipe deep in a dungeon and you just told your group 1 more mob and bed time after this... hahahaha
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Orc

if he is used to modern games, he is probably going to quit anyways lol
Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if he is used to modern games, he is probably going to quit anyways lol
I actually like the difficulty difference that this game has. I hate how in most modern MMORPGs, everything holds your hand through it all, and you can ding! the max level in like, a day or something. I really like how hard the game is, but I'm just not used to it yet.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually like the difficulty difference that this game has. I hate how in most modern MMORPGs, everything holds your hand through it all, and you can ding! the max level in like, a day or something. I really like how hard the game is, but I'm just not used to it yet.
once you get used to it it becomes a bread and butter game for you. enjoy it as much as you can and welcome to the project.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sorry for posting after all of my questions have been answered, since I know that this counts as 'necroposting', but I have a few more questions:

1)I'm trying to level my Ogre Warrior, but I've noticed that his attacks barely ever hit. I remedied this problem by putting points into Agility, which surprisingly, made him miss his attacks less often. Wouldn't this gimp my character, or is it perfectly fine?

2)I want to see my Options menu to the Escape button on my keyboard, instead of Alt+O, but the Escape button clears the hotkey that I try to put. Is there some way of setting my Options menu to Escape?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
1)I'm trying to level my Ogre Warrior, but I've noticed that his attacks barely ever hit. I remedied this problem by putting points into Agility, which surprisingly, made him miss his attacks less often. Wouldn't this gimp my character, or is it perfectly fine?
I'm not in the least bit an expert on game mechanics, or anything for that matter, but I'm pretty sure miss rates are calculated by your weapon based skills along with the offense skill. Also the level of you vs. what you're swinging at, the more levels between you and the target will either give you better odds with those dice rolls or worse.

the ATK stat might help with this too but not 100% sure, ATK does however increase the probability that you'll hit for max damage. This can be increased via STR and raw ATK clickies or spells.