Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Seriously, try turning OOC off. I tried this a week ago or so and was amazed at how much different the game felt. Its going to stay off too.

It feels a LOT more like 1999 this way. Hundreds people in OOC chatter feels anything but classic.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Aviak

2 things

Turn /ooc off and turn LFG on.

The next thread I see bitching about /OOC, Karsten and I are going to the zoo and punching a panda in the balls.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Aviak

I have 3 UI windows. One of them is the main window, one of them is where combat related shit goes, and one of them is just a tiny square in a corner. That tiny square is where all the shit I don't care about/need to see go. Try something like this and move ooc to the spam block. You can join ooc if you need to, and you can still lfg in ooc and you'll get tells.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:19 AM
Kobold

It is getting out of hand. During peak hours the ooc chat just scrolls by so fast its hard to read things or see items people are selling or be lfg.

I know turn LFG on, but putting your LFG in ooc helps as well. I shouldnt be forced to turn off ooc and miss things I want to read because Joe Blow feels like starting an argument about Barack Obama.

IMO. We got a good enough population, limit ooc to zonewide and leave auction serverwide.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

You dont thing marijuana should be legalized? Not even for medical purposes? DICK!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

It is a very sad representaion of the player base. As are a majority of the posts on the forums but, nothing that is done is going to stop it. If you make ooc zone wide and leave auction server, theyll just move on to the auction channel. If you link the cities ala warcraft, theyll all hang about in the cities chatting. Even if you were to forgo those options and made everything zone specific as soon as you get out of the starter areas and into cities or good leveling areas they will be there wating, spamming either ooc or shout. The gm's dont have access to the stupidity code.
Alot of this is caused by boredom I would think. What else are people suppose to do while sitting around for a camp or regen. The /gems game doesnt even seem to work right. I generally tab out and read but after dying a few times to that method I may just start trolling people to kill time as well.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Global /ooc isn't even a 'classic' EQ feature, but rather a convenience added by the P1999 staff as compensation for relatively low population levels. Suggesting that people who dislike it ought to simply hide it for the time being in no way strikes me as unreasonable. I do that myself with increasing frequency. It's a pragmatic solution until such a time as the mods decide that global OOC has outlived its usefulness.

/gems doesn't work right due to reverting to old spell icons on this client.

On the other hand, some of the discussions amuse me. I have to laugh when I see singles discussing marriage, or teenagers talking about politics, or healthy young adults discussing health care, or people in general discussing things they have no experience with. Impressively warped perspectives result from the demographics here!

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-21-2010 at 02:25 PM..
Old 02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

My personal favorite are conspiracy theorists who are incapable of simple spelling.

Not intelligent enough to be able to spell properly, yet thinking themselves intelligent enough to delve into conspiracies that intelligence agencies and foreign powers haven't debunked themselves. Classic.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

hey pal some people are street smart not book smart WUT
Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

LEGALIZE IT!!!
Closed Thread