Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Default Drama Spotlight: Quiet and the Windstriker Bow

Hi pals of Red99,

There's a drama brewing in Red Dawn for a few days that seems to be swept under the rugg. As a fellow forumquester i don't like when things are taken below the radar, there's no reason for it to be taken below the radar. I think we owe the community to know the guy who is being the character "Quiet". Not that reputation matters i just wanna make sure that it makes it to the history books for bros to read later.

I never knew Quiet myself but i came to know him as a mellow guy who seemed to not care about pixels, the kinda guy i like to do my eq with, then suddenly red dawn catches a break and a big pixel drops, the harder part of the Windstriker bow quest. All seems fine as Quiet is leading the DKP charts, for now.

This is where things get fuzzy for me and why i create this thread, from what i gather Quiet wanted the bow and was leading DKP charts and didn't think much of it, until Exed our other ranger started making leaps on the DKP charts from selling Levitate cloaks to guildmembers for their DKP. I personally like the fact that our internal dkp is like an economy of its own and that people who cannot make the 5am raids (my time) can do other things to get DKP, as help with camps and stuff like that.

What later came was Quiet's quitting of EQ thread where he explained he would not join nihilum but rather quit the game, then later i hear from whispers in the norrathian wind about Quiet applying to nihilum.

This could be the shittiest way of going out i've ever seen, why would you quit over the fact that someone else MIGHT get the bow, i mean no one has gotten it yet.

Incredible what pixels do to people, but it seems the bow has the same effect as my AoN, everytime people set their mind on getting an item of these powers, they eventually end up in nihilum, mind fucked.

TL DR: Seems like Quiet quit his guild and join nihilum because someone else might get an item using a completely fair dkp system.

PS. Please feel free to update me if my story is incorrect, that's sorta why i wanted to make the thread, cuz no one is really saying what happened so i'm going public with this shit.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Glad this is being documented, thank you smedy pal
Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 AM
Banned

A guy that has the highest raid attendance is losing a dkp bid against someone with 0 raid attendance but has dkp from selling things to guild members is upset about a loot decision?

Whodathunk that system wu'd cause such a thing
Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

No one lost anything, the bow is still in bank.

Just the mere though of losing a pixel sent him over the edge.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 AM
Banned

How long does loot usually sit in bank b4 members can bid on it
Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Banned

Quiet is back in Red Dawn bros
Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Well, considering the piece is droppable and you reqcuire more pixels to complete the quest that are almost equally as hard to aquire it would seem stupid to hand it out to someone instead of just keeping it in the guild bank until the rest has been acquired

That's my guess, i'm no officer
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:34 AM
Banned

Should of made this thread like 3 days ago. Quiet already rejoined and was spotted making gains on the dkp charts in Sky last night.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

I could however after thinking about it feel how it could be unfair not getting the item considering he was there went it dropped (not sure but i guess he was) and as it dropped he had the highest dkp.

Like i said, this thread is merely to straighten out the story cuz no ones talking

I just wanna make sure bow goes to anyone but Lite's up and coming ranger, cuz if that would happen you'll see some true smedy rustled nuts
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread