Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default GM's don't worry I singled out the two posts you need - pls trial fix red end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_still_a_virgin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen folks, Rogean/Nilbog/Sirken are just simply not intune with how a PVP server works. Rogean and Nilbog have absolutely no PVP experience. Sirken has at least PVP'd before and GM'd on a PVP server, but he's still not one of us. He doesn't "get it" and he never will. Worst of all, even if he did, he doesn't have any pull with Rogean or Nilbog to change anything.

It's too difficult for them to see that without variance, this server will always have one guild that monopolizes the most critical raid mobs and items. Whoever owns the key to get the items, recruits all the players.

The key to getting the items, is killing the mobs. Without variance, you have all the raid mobs spawn on the same day, and you kill them in the same order you killed them last week. Your players log in for a few hours and collect their items.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With variance, you can have guerrilla style guild warfare to kill raid mobs and acquire items. You can now own a key (killing the mobs), and you can recruit more players. More players in your guild means less in the monopoly guild. Less in the monopoly guild means more opportunity for guerrilla style guild warfare. More factions of players fighting in smaller sized groups.

The problem: Server Leadership has no imagination, they don't "get" this. They don't ask why 90% of the server is in one guild, or why one guild has had a monopoly on all raid mobs for 2.5 years, or why the guild has churned through hundreds of players. There will only ever be one monopoly guild on this server without variance.

It's like the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson. If you force the American troops to line up against the British army, they are going to lose. But, a guerrilla style warfare, where you can fight when the British aren't at their strongest (every raid day when every mob is lined up and every monopolized guild member is online to collect items), then you win some battles. You win some battles, you change the tide of the war. People on the other side lose faith, they jump ship, they try their own thing. They aren't forced to join the British and line up to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_still_a_virgin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, I was one of the first level 50 random PKers on Rallos Zek in 1999, back in the days of Aakor/Ennart/Castin. Oh, I was also the highest level neutral on SZ in the top neutral guild before I quit. And, damn I forgot to mention, I'm one of the best RTS players to ever live, having been top ranked in every game I've played.

It isn't about "Epic Guilds" getting content, it's about "Epic Guilds" being able to monopolize all of the content in one swing of the axe. Fighting that type of guild is futile. It's like fighting the British army in my OP example. They can have all of their members log on for their raid day, and bulldoze through any challengers + the content. Adding variance doesn't make any guild less "Epic", it pushes spawn windows across the week and throughout the day. If the guild is truly "Epic", they will have no problem mobilizing their members to fight for mobs.

The reality is, an "Epic Guild", will quickly start prioritizing raid mobs, instead of killing them all. It simply won't make sense to batphone all members to fight for a lesser raid mob like Faydader at 2am on a Tuesday. They wouldn't want to risk burning their member base out. So they would settle for highly desired raid mobs, and that would open other content to other guilds that can and will mobilize for them. More guilds challenging will allow players to leave guilds and join others one to compete.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

I mean for science - Nihi has farmed Red99 for 2.5 years, I don't think they're too hard done by pixel wise.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Just like in politics, corporate America, etc. Just follow the money pals. Who do you think is donating? People for or against variance?
Old 07-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like in politics, corporate America, etc. Just follow the money pals. Who do you think is donating? People for or against variance?
Science.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Science gave me a small cock fuck science!
Old 07-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quoting chucks_still_a_virgin is your secret weapon?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

love how "chuck still a virgin" getting lots of pub on these here forums

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

lol where is that gif sig that says:

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER POST BY STASIS THAT NO ONE WILL READ

or whatever it says. its fucking warranted right nao.
Cymeon Trymex, level 33 Bard of Circle of Valor, Xegony Server, retired July 2000
Old 07-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that it matters, but the reasons I "supported" variance at the time no longer apply. The server pop was half, Nihilum was raiding with fewer numbers, sim repops didn't exist, and Nihilum members were threatening to quit over it.

It was a way to grief Nihilum into quitting / giving up, and thus strengthen my own guild.

Aka it was a selfish argument not based on lasting server health, but based on momentary gain for my own guild.

I was also building my guild to be a poopsocking pve guild who could stand to benefit / exploit variance as opposed to a small crew of pvpers who would get wrecked by variance's requirement that you zerg [see: blue]. Thanks!
The only honest post by someone who was pro-variance that ever existed on this forum
Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any post made by stasis usually just gets ignored. I'd hoped he would figure that out by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didnt read. stasis, just stop. Your incessant posting is starting to irk me. Even when I don't read your threads, just seeing that you're crying about something else (read: the same shit over and over) makes me want to claw my brain out.

Bottom line stasis is you're never going to stop complaining, and I don't want to hear it anymore.

Fair warning given. I'd recommend not testing me on this.
Closed Thread