Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fadetree:

Fadetree and Fastboy vs Gordon Wrinn, A infamous guide from EQ and approximately 64 players from 2000-2001...

Which is more convincing......

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What, specifically, do you think I am arguing that is contradicted by his post? (Even if we assume it is all true) I can't think of a single thing I've said that contradicts something in this post you keep bringing up. I've even gone back and read it a couple times just to give you the benefit of the doubt...I don't see it.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

There is no classic solution to fixing endgame raiding. If the GMs implement a rotation, then cunning endgame raiders will just form an extensive number of alt guilds with cross platform dkp and log unguided mains/alts for loot as needed. Won't work.

The one everyone should learn from the current raid environment is that more rules create more opportunities for abuse/exploitation.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no classic solution to fixing endgame raiding. If the GMs implement a rotation, then cunning endgame raiders will just form an extensive number of alt guilds with cross platform dkp and log unguided mains/alts for loot as needed. Won't work.

The one everyone should learn from the current raid environment is that more rules create more opportunities for abuse/exploitation.
That's a good point. However it worked on live and was classic. If there was a no-bullshit policy of banning people who attempt to work around things like that then I doubt someone would risk banning to log in and loot an item.

I think the best thing though would be implementing Luclin dungeons without the actual expansion and adding AA's so people would have something to do, oh and turning off MQ. Min / Maxxers love AA's, its an never ending race to nowhere.
Last edited by Ikon; 12-31-2016 at 04:02 AM..
Old 12-31-2016, 04:27 AM
Kobold

p99 raid scene is something you don't want to be a part of.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:32 AM
Kobold

5 years of top heavy kunark + 3 years of platinum account sales (Not RMT, staff and players would never do that on p99) + emulated server with only cringiest of nerds playing rulesquest = Yuck
Old 12-31-2016, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

BDA still bitter about being run off the server it seems. Fires of Heaven, Venerate, Europa, Omni, Azure Guard are all doing content you guys struggled with.

Thanks for continuing to post here, you must miss it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2017, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

OP,

The attitude of the raid scene here is pretty much summed up in the way this thread devolved into a shit show. You asked a simple question and these fucks are derailing the thread to prove opinions.

Can you feel the fun being sapped from your soul?

Find some cool people to play with and play as hardcore or casual as you can/like and have fun. These guys will always be here to knock you down whenever you like, both here and in game.
Closed Thread