Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

will def play this if comitted people, everytime i play daoc people stop playin at around lvl 30 then it ends up solo quest as a rogue fk that
Old 07-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
will def play this if comitted people, everytime i play daoc people stop playin at around lvl 30 then it ends up solo quest as a rogue fk that
If you want to join the roster, let me know what classes to put down for.

Also if anyone else here uses Pidgin for their IM apps, there is an alternative way to join our guild's IRC channel without having to download mIRC. All you need to do is; go to 'modify accounts' & add a new account, select IRC from the drop-down list and put server info as irc.rizon.net, when you connect - simply do /join #fury, we'll cya there!

----

List of players (updated July 31th) interested in playing Uthgard 2.0 in the same crew (if anyone wants to be added or removed, make a post):

If anyone is missing from the roster, or you want your name added or removed, make a post and I'll update the list.

P99-forum
Scrooge - mentalist(caster utility)/blademaster/champion
backman_66 - warden/eldritch/hero
Weekapaug - bard/hero/ranger/druid
Ugrask - blademaster/valewalker/eldritch/enchanter
Lyrith - bard/druid
Zade - druid/warden/dps, (+1 friend)
fishingme - scout, valewalker/animist/enchanter, bonedancer/thane
phacemeltar - bard/blademaster/valewalker/eldritch
Nalkin - enchanter
Jaxon - eldritch
dustysr06 - druid/bard (+3 friends)
Cecily - nightshade
Yiblaan - ranger
Foxxhound - valewalker
Ghordo - hero/champion
Kender - eldritch/animist
Nuggets - bard/eld/animist
Erasong - valewalker
Brynnag - nightshade
August - bard/hero/enchanter
Hershey - enchanter
Beldon - animist
Caridry - undecided
mrgoochio - undecided
Cookiefist - undecided
Scikala - undecided
Leeyuuduu - undecided
Sssleeve - undecided
Goobles - undecided
Gaffin - undecided
Tewaz - enchanter
Temig - druid/bard/mentalist
Oleris - enchanter (pbaoe bomb)

EQC-forum
Laberintica - mentalist/warden
Golad - warden
Tramtrist - druid
Morgo - ranger/eldritch
Sephin - undecided
Sibaru - undecided

External
Galfon - warden/ench/ment/hero (d2)
Amnvex - eldritch/ment/warden/champ (d2)
Kyndig - eldritch/blademaster/valewalker (d2)
Finn - undecided (d2)

Old DAoC Guildies (classes they used to main)

Vorhal - animist/hero/warden
Kvasir - eldritch/hero/warden
Bell - undecided (blademaster/berserker/cleric)
Kinkade - undecided (valewalker/savage) (+3-5 friends)
Sothien - undecided (eldritch/druid/healer)
Kiire - undecided (bard/druid/cleric)
Signify - undecided (blademaster/berserker)
Salbei - undecided (enchanter/shadowblade)

28 decided, 9 undecided, 8 old guildies, 6 EQC, 51 total! (estimated, not counting additional friends ppl may or may not bring)
============================================

I'll match the roles needed to the ppl in this thread, based on their initial class choices, so we can see what we're missing more than anything else.

Realm: Hibernia

Primary Healing: Weekapaug (druid), Zade (druid/warden), dustysr06 (druid), Tramtrist (druid), Temig (druid)

Secondary Healing: backman_66 (warden), phacemeltar (warden), Lyrith (druid), Galfon (warden), Kvasir (warden), Laberintica (warden), Golad (warden), Vorhal (warden)

Primary Crowd Control: dustysr06 (bard), Weekapaug (bard/CC), Nuggets (bard), August (bard)

Secondary Crowd Control: phacemeltar (bard/CC), Lyrith (bard/CC), Temig (bard)

Primary Bomber (caster dps): fishingme (enchanter), nalkin (enchanter), jaxon (eldritch), August (enchanter), Hershey (enchanter), Kyndig (eldritch), Tewaz (enchanter), Oleris (enchanter)

Secondary Bomber (caster dps): phacemeltar (eldritch), backman_66 (eldritch), kender (eldritch), Galfon (enchanter), Amnvex (eldritch), Kvasir (eldritch), Morgo (eldritch)

Primary Shield Tank: Ghordo (Hero), August (Hero)

Secondary Shield Tank: backman_66 (Hero), Galfon (Hero), Kvasir (Hero), Vorhal (Hero)

General Melee DPS: Ugrask (blademaster?), Zade (blademaster?), Zade2 (his friend, blademaster?), fishingme (valewalker), Scrooge (blademaster/champion), backman_66 (blademaster), , Foxxhound (valewalker), Erasong (valewalker), Amnvex (champion), Kyndig (blademaster/valewalker)

Utility Caster DPS: fishingme (animist), Scrooge (mentalist), kender (animist), Nuggets (eld/animist), Galfon (mentalist), Amnvex (mentalist), Beldon (animist), Laberintica (mentalist), Vorhal (animist), Temig (mentalist)

Stealthers: Brynnag (nightshade), Cecily (nightshade), Yiblaan (ranger), Morgo (ranger)

Potentially we can have the following: [5x Bards, 3x Druids, 3x Wardens] [3x Enchanters, 5x Eldritch, 2x Animists, 2z Mentalists] [3x Heroes, 5x Blademasters, 3x Valewalkers, 1x Ranger, 2x Nightshades] but seeing as how we can't all be in one group, it'd be good to know that everyone in the guild can XP with each other without having to resort to looking for PUGs or soloing. For RvR especially, atleast 1 Bard and 1 Druid per group are needed, but 2 Druids would be better ofcourse, 1 Warden, 2-3 DPS and 1 Shield Tank for defense.

Class Descriptions for Hibernia

Hibernia's One Time Drop Quest List

DAoC Installation Guide

iRC Setup Guide (real-time communication outside the game)

I cannot say what we need most at this time, it will become clearer once we're actually up and running with our first chars.

update: I've added the EQC forum ppl who are interested in this project. Maybe you ought to post our IRC info in that thread over there, backman_66.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 08-01-2014 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: added Temig, Gaffin, Oleris
Old 07-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

To clarify, and this could change, I'm planning to go Bard main, most likely, with Ranger as an alt to start. If we are sorely lacking healers or tanks I'm down with playing a druid or hero.

Worth noting I've played all of the above before, it's just been a while.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Latest post from one of the main Devs working on Uthgard 2.0:

Quote:
We aren't able to have a strict schedule forcing developers to code X hours a week, so we can't really make estimates based on how long the first 1000 characters of code took.

Our spare time varies, which makes one estimate of release date look impossible to reach one week and easy to reach in another.

We will give you an estimate of a release date when we are certain we can deliver at that date. This estimate of a release date will be posted in our news section.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 07-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Glad I caught this post. DAoC has been the one MMO that I didn't play that I always wish I had so this sounds like a great opportunity to finally do so. Top 3 class picks would be Druid, Bard, or Mentalist, and seeing as how Druids seem to be in high demand based on the reading I've done, that's probably the route I'll end up going.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad I caught this post. DAoC has been the one MMO that I didn't play that I always wish I had so this sounds like a great opportunity to finally do so. Top 3 class picks would be Druid, Bard, or Mentalist, and seeing as how Druids seem to be in high demand based on the reading I've done, that's probably the route I'll end up going.
Great to have another support member for our group! Though as a first-time player, I'd strongly advise you to take a look at the different spec lines (check the links in the first post) - cause in this game you have to decide between them, you can't have them all like in EQ, and depending on the spec lines you go with, you can end up with alot of different spells than other Druids/Bards/Ments.

I suppose I should mention the Guild system here while I'm at it... When you create a new character on Uthgard, you'll automatically be tagged under the (in Hibernia's case) <Tir na Nog Adventurers> guild, before we actually make our own.

I think it'd be best if we all stay tagged in that "noob guild" until level 10 or so, as it will make finding XP groups, meeting new people - and making new friends, a whole lot easier, especially for those of you playing the game for the very first time. Every guild in DAoC can have it's own unique emblem, with a special pattern which can be worn on our cloaks and shields, as well as any keeps we claim for the guild in PvP. However, there is a level 20 requirement before we are able to actually wear our emblems, to do so just find the <Guild Emblemer> NPC in each main city of the realm.

There's also a price to form a guild and create the emblem, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Maybe we'll make a guild right off the bat, depending on how many players we have on at the same time, we may have to make a new list of names so we know who's who, if our ingame char names are different from our forum names.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Getting pretty stoked for this.

Wonder if they will be able to get it done this year or if we are looking at next year sometime.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Use this Character Builder (spec planner) to see the kinds of combinations of spells you'd prefer by L50, classes with the [C] prefix are from a later expansion and are not available on Uthgard.

This tool is very useful, even if you just want to see what each class is capable of, my advice is to plan your spec every 10 levels - it will make leveling (and PvP) a whole lot easier. Keep in mind the fact that you get a single line respec (can refund all your training points out of one spec line) at levels 20 and 40, they do not carry over to the next level though, so you either use 'em or lose 'em. So basically you can try speccin in one line, say Light Magic for the casters from 1-20, and if you end up not liking it and want to switch over to say Moon Magic, you can do so at L20. Some ppl choose a certain 'spec' mostly for leveling, and then respec to another 'spec' at L40 which may be better for you in PvP.

There are other ways to respec your 'specs' so it is possible to get your training points back even after L40, using special 'respec stones' which drop off high-end named mobs and raid encounters. These special stones are all tradeable, so even if you cannot obtain them the old fashioned way, you can buy them from other players through the Housing zone's 'Market Explorer', it's basically the DAoC version of EQ's Bazzar.

The Housing 'zone' is quite vast, like it's own realm with 6 maps/zones, there is also a 'Stable Master' taxi you can take to navigate through them so it won't take a whole lot of time to get to where you want to go. We will without a doubt have our own Guild House, but because of the costs involved with building one, it may take a while for us to farm enough money for it. Having our own Guild House comes with the following benefits of it's own; Teleporter NPC, Vault Keeper NPC (your personal vault), House Vault (shared by the entire guild), Vendor NPC, a Bind Stone (this allows us to have TWO bind points, one outside the housing zone and one inside our house, so when you die you can do /release house to respawn directly in our Guild House,) we're also able to put up Tradeskill Apparatus' such as: Forge (weaponcrafting/armorcrafting, Lathe (fletching), Alchemy Table (alchemy/spellcrafting), etc.

In order to build a house, the following is required:
  1. a House Lot (300g)
  2. The House sizes available: Cottage 1p, House 5p, Villa 10p, Mansion 25p (prices might be different when server comes back)
  3. a Porch 500g, for the Consignment Merchant NPC to stand on, which sells any items with prices we can set on it
  4. Consignment Merchant 1p
  5. Teleporter NPC 100g, Vendor NPC 100g, typical NPCs cost 100g with the exception of a <Healer> which is 1p
  6. a Vault Keeper 100g
  7. a House Vault 1p (depending on which house we own, we can have anywhere from 1-4 vaults, the cheaper houses only allow 1-2 vaults, the Mansion allows a max of 4.
  8. a Bind Stone 1p

The house will have a weekly rent, the amount will depend on the type of house owned, A House can also be decorated, inside and out, which also costs depending on what you want it to look like, it's kind of like Minecraft when it comes to this particular feature.
Last edited by Scrooge; 08-01-2014 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: added Housing zone and Respec infos
Old 08-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Can also set up guild dues (taxes) to automatically take a certain % out of the coin you looted to go toward the guild bank. I would think early on when the guild is fresh, we'll want to put the tax fairly high to get the guild bank at a comfortable level.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can also set up guild dues (taxes) to automatically take a certain % out of the coin you looted to go toward the guild bank. I would think early on when the guild is fresh, we'll want to put the tax fairly high to get the guild bank at a comfortable level.
Yea the max it can be set to is 20%, which isn't even that much - especially at low-mid lvls, but it can accumulate quickly if the guild is really active, not to mention the huge income we'll bring in from RvR!

backman, come on IRC when you get home!
Last edited by Scrooge; 08-01-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Closed Thread