Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Banned

I'd like to find out for sure exactly how the RMT works, since even cosmetic RMT bothers me.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Banned

yea omg thats the best looking MMO ive seen since classic eq, wow.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

Well I got into the closed beta, got sent an invite a couple days ago. Apparently it starts up on the 30th for me. Anybody else get in?

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 07-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I got into the closed beta, got sent an invite a couple days ago. Apparently it starts up on the 30th for me. Anybody else get in?
Haven't even looked at it in a month or two. Was still in alpha then.

Do you buy beta access or is it an invite deal like most?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

im in alpha and ill tell you im very very impressed. best thing for me to compare it to is a fantasy based EVE. very economy driven. very customizable class system ( altho for min maxers its going to break dwon to maybe 10 possible combos out of 120). same faction pvp makes for some interesting situations. all in all game feels very solid.

the negative for some of you will be the absolute need to craft/trade to really get the full value of the game. sure you could grind to 50 and just honor point grind for mid tier gear but then.. go play wildstar or WoW right?
Like i said. think EVE. crafting to build homes, farms, equipment, trade hubs, and eventually forts, castles and cities as well as the best gear in game.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im in alpha and ill tell you im very very impressed. best thing for me to compare it to is a fantasy based EVE. very economy driven. very customizable class system ( altho for min maxers its going to break dwon to maybe 10 possible combos out of 120). same faction pvp makes for some interesting situations. all in all game feels very solid.

the negative for some of you will be the absolute need to craft/trade to really get the full value of the game. sure you could grind to 50 and just honor point grind for mid tier gear but then.. go play wildstar or WoW right?
Like i said. think EVE. crafting to build homes, farms, equipment, trade hubs, and eventually forts, castles and cities as well as the best gear in game.
Is it open loot or does everyone get a magical pocket on mob corpses that only they can pull loot out of?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeruIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've just glazed it over and it looks interesting promising. The one thing that jumped out at me was the "11250 credits, ($75 value)" in the pre-order listings. Did this mean the game will have RMT/Pay2Win?
Nah, they won't have anything in the marketplace that has an impact on your toon, everything in the marketplace will be cosmetics or just for fun.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeruIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it open loot or does everyone get a magical pocket on mob corpses that only they can pull loot out of?
when doing trade packs ( the main source of income in the game ) they are droppable items. if you die with one.. its fully lootable. other then that tho you just loose honor etc. honor is used for some decent mid tear gear.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, they won't have anything in the marketplace that has an impact on your toon, everything in the marketplace will be cosmetics or just for fun.
there are some labor saving clickies but thats about it. nothing that will affect pvp.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't even looked at it in a month or two. Was still in alpha then.

Do you buy beta access or is it an invite deal like most?
I had mine sent to me as a random invite in my email, I refuse to pay $150 to participate in an alpha/beta.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread