Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My all time favorite game series, Legacy of Kain. Especially the Soul Reaver series. Used to play EQ with the composer of the Soul Reaver music, actually. I still go backl & play those every once in a while.
Loved blood omen and Kain. Tis what got me into vampires. From Kain to Anne Rice to WoD
Not big on Soul Reaver tho. Never was fond of Raziel.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxHound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loved blood omen and Kain. Tis what got me into vampires. From Kain to Anne Rice to WoD
Not big on Soul Reaver tho. Never was fond of Raziel.
I love Raziel. It's the whole angry/brooding goth boi thing probably. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kain's voice actor though, Simon Templeman, his voice always makes me squee with delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're one of the best written gaming series ever. Seriously when it comes to people looking down on games or questioning their validity or maturity, this is the kind of series you can slam down to shut someone the fuck up. It's just so rare you have that fully realized universe with fascinating characters, factions and locales that's so unlike anything else out here. I can find other games that have bits and pieces but you know a game or series is really unique when there's no substitute for the full package.

Amy Henig is working on the new Star Wars game apparently, I'm going to keep an eye on it even with EA's dirty hands all over it.

She is seriously awesome, really nice to fans too. I always look forward to what she is working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna have to go find the soundtrack for it now, definitely a classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Message me if you have trouble getting it. I have it all plus some tracks that didn't make it on the Soul Reaver 2 soundtrack CD like Janos's music.
Last edited by Aveenia; 07-31-2014 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: adding on
Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to play Star Wars Jedi Outcast in MP again... but i would be the only one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually not true. There are still some servers up to this day with some people on them. Good game, fun MP.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Anyone remember Chex Quest? That game was awesome.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Duck Hunt. Fuck that dog.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosMan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually not true. There are still some servers up to this day with some people on them. Good game, fun MP.
That game was pretty fun. Especially once you get the real strategy behind all the moves, and not just go hack and slash your way to defeat.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duck Hunt. Fuck that dog.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

Default Adventure

Anyone remember ultima online?

Devs can take the game RUST and modify it with a high fantasy theme,
dungeons, Cities with guards, Ships, Islands, portals..

Build towers, resource gather, dungeon crawl and defend against Pker's... or be one.
Swords, spears, bows, shields and magics... traps, Monsters, sneaky rogues etc.

Stand atop tall mountains and hurl fireballs at newbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The blubies must gather and defend themselves against the red devils, no crying.

Last edited by Mblake81; 08-02-2014 at 07:07 PM..
Old 07-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love Raziel. It's the whole angry/brooding goth boi thing probably. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kain's voice actor though, Simon Templeman, his voice always makes me squee with delight.
I got a lot more Shakespearean vibes off of that even with the broody goth thing, especially during those precious few scenes with the two of them together. Powerful stuff.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was hoping this thread would be about console games. Besides EQ, I wasn't really into PC gaming until a few years ago.

Civ 3 was the first Civ game I ever played, but there's absolutely no reason to play it nowadays since Civ 4 was pretty much a direct improvement in nearly every way. And then Civ 5 was a totally different game and the playerbase diverges as to what they prefer (I still play Civ 4 over Civ 5).

Besides Civ 3, my favorite highschool PC game was probably Stronghold. RTS where you have to design, build, and defend a castle? Fuckin' sweet. Too bad Stronghold 2 was so buggy.
Civ is like Star Trek movies. The even numbers are awesome.
Closed Thread