Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Default In the spirit of my new 1999 addiction

So I just started 1999 this week, and in spirit of this new amazing thing i went to the way back machine to check out the ol' Allakazam the way I remembered it! Who else remembers booting up their PC in the morning after camping jboots in Njina all night, and scrolling through the days updates of newly added items and quests? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If youre curious how I got to the old alla webpage, the wayback machine can be found here: http://archive.org/web/
Old 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Way back machine used lots here for figuring out classic mechanics
Old 04-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I wasn't nerdy enough for Allakhazam, I frequented Everlore for everything I needed...even made some mob screenshot submissions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

everlore was good for spell info (or was it castersrealm?). eqtraders for tradeskills, allakhazam was good for everything else
Old 04-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamz4l [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everlore was good for spell info (or was it castersrealm?). eqtraders for tradeskills, allakhazam was good for everything else
haha omg casters realm! I'm about to wayback to that motha fugga right now! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This community is basically the coolest thing on the internet.

Guys I have a question, I notice there is a /r/project1999 on reddit... How many crossover users from there to here are there?

I want to talk to all my new classic EQ buddies!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

the casters realm drawing of the shadowknight was probably the most baller thing ever
Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Haha I remember this UI.. also I managed to go to a page that mentions the EQ gathering in Las Vegas. I will try to find a pic, but my roommate when to this and brought me back an awesome everquest shirt. He said there were about a thousand people there. I said, no im going to stay at home and not leave the house and play eq like a addict instead, like a proper addict.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned

Heh, clicking around Castersrealm I came upon this, remember these?

Old 04-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, clicking around Castersrealm I came upon this, remember these?

thats whats so funny about classic EQ versus here

on live, twinks were looked down upon GREATLY. it was embarrassing to find out the person you were grouping with had a higher level character 'giving' this character his items. people would go to great lengths to disprove or discredit 'twinking claims'

on here no one cares and in fact its a point of pride to show how 'twinked out' your baby alts can get
Old 04-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats whats so funny about classic EQ versus here

on live, twinks were looked down upon GREATLY. it was embarrassing to find out the person you were grouping with had a higher level character 'giving' this character his items. people would go to great lengths to disprove or discredit 'twinking claims'

on here no one cares and in fact its a point of pride to show how 'twinked out' your baby alts can get
what server did you play? i never encountered twink bashing on prexus.