Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor
Default Werewolves are too common

Werewolves are way too common. Werewolf pelts/claws for the werewolf skin cloak and the lupine claw gauntlets were very rare. You hardly ever saw a werewolf in WK, WC, and Mistmoore (except for the one in SK, he was pretty cyclic if that paladin was up during the day). Yet I see them all the time now. People would complain that they had to camp werewolves for various things for months at a time, and now you can basically do it in about an hour.

I'll see if I can find a link to prove that they were rare in classic to support my claims.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 09-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

I always thought they were just a night time spawn, day time despawn like the undead in Kith. But I do know the ones in the Karanas spawn at all hours of the day and night.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

Agreed. I never remember this many werewolves in game, at the same time, I remember them only at night.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Kobold

I agree they seem too common.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Kobold

Pretty sure they never used to path right across the guard tower in NK either. And yeah I see a werewolf all the time on track. Used to be a semi-rare spawn before, at least in NK.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

the way i remember it, werewolves were night time only in the karanas and wc, except during the halloween events they had on live. even with that stipulation factored in...they really ARE way too common.

the werewolf in WC is up every night, no exception that i have seen. always at the same spot (forgot to grab the loc). if you zone into WC from EC on the sand side you will see him, about 4 seconds walk time from the sand at the base of the first hill.

to put this into classic context, i have seen well over 50 werewolves in just over 2 weeks. i have NOT been Harm-Touched at all in WC while shopping at the south-side of the lake. or running into Befallen.

Oh, one more thing...this puppy (pardon the pun) is static. he should be roaming, terrorizing derv campers and the toll booth.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. I never remember this many werewolves in game, at the same time, I remember them only at night.
Fixed, pending update.
Quote:
Oh, one more thing...this puppy (pardon the pun) is static. he should be roaming, terrorizing derv campers and the toll booth.
Fixed, pending update.
Closed Thread