Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devs: can you comment on the intentionally or unintentionally change to Field of Bone potions? As of two weeks ago they ported you out of VP (obviously not classic) but now they no longer do. I didn't see that posted anywhere in the patch or today's reset.

Thanks!

Zentile
Working as intended.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called knight-patch. Rangers are not knights, just failed druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, but it was hoped (by Haynar himself) that bind wound caps, ranger skills, etc would be fixed by this patch too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any word if this fix will also address bind wound, ranger dodge/parry and other 'some times red, sometimes white' skill cap bugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should affect those too.

Hopefully it will get hotfixed this week with the bugfix for world tradeskill containers.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Large Bat

Chanter charm does appear to break more often now on tashed mobs. 190 charisma and the gators I was previously chain charming with no issue are now much more likely to break. Fleeing gators are now heading right for the 10 of its chums in the underwater area in cazic-thule, which makes life interesting; that may just be bad luck today. Going to test more with the Gate button ready to wack.

Root is also breaking much more now.
Last edited by rpgfan; 07-22-2017 at 10:06 AM..
Old 07-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devs: can you comment on the intentional or unintentional change to Field of Bone potions? As of two weeks ago they ported you out of VP (obviously not classic) but now they no longer do. I didn't see that posted anywhere in the patch notes or today's reset notes.

Thanks!

Zentile
You can't port out of VP. What is confusing? This is just a small bug fix.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

it makes me consider installing the damn dope game again

Sssarn

Fantasy
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Content

Nilbog: Removed haste component from the following spells: Seething Fury, Swift Spirit, and Blessing of the Grove. Added haste to the following items: Ragebringer, Swiftwind, Tolan's Longsword of the Glade. This should resolve the issue of these worn haste effects not properly affecting cooldowns.
Does this mean that having Swiftwind equipped in Offhand now affects the haste of held bows? I know that before Rangers received no haste benefit while firing arrows from "Swift Spirit" and required another worn haste to increase bow attack speed.

I'd be real happy if Swiftwind gave me 40% faster bowshots now.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastunburied [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live the ranger epic was bow haste as well as worn weapon haste. Seems to be missing here.
bow haste as in quiver haste?
Old 07-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bow haste as in quiver haste?
Forget about Quivers. Think of bows as a basic "ranged attack" like shurikens or spears.

Ranged attack cooldown is affected by worn haste items like FBSS and such, but the haste granted by 'Swift Spirit' affected melee swings and nothing else. I'm wondering if the change to Swiftwind's haste now means I enjoy a 40% cooldown reduction for range attacks, kicks, etc.

I'm confident I'd notice the difference (if existent) had I been playing regularly, but it's been weeks since Curunol was in action and I have little point of reference in memory.

Bestow upon me your knowledge of these things, Lord Haynar. I wish to be enlightened.
Last edited by Feanol; 07-25-2017 at 05:42 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forget about Quivers. Think of bows as a basic "ranged attack" like shurikens or spears.

Ranged attack cooldown is affected by worn haste items like FBSS and such, but the haste granted by 'Swift Spirit' affected melee swings and nothing else. I'm wondering if the change to Swiftwind's haste now means I enjoy a 40% cooldown reduction for range attacks, kicks, etc.

I'm confident I'd notice the difference (if existent) had I been playing regularly, but it's been weeks since Curunol was in action and I have little point of reference in memory.

Bestow upon me your knowledge of these things, Lord Haynar. I wish to be enlightened.
couldn't you just spam the shooty button with swiftwind equipped/not equipped?

check logs for time between shots
Old 07-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Pokesan, you are correct sir.

Didn't even think of unequiping my Swiftwind. I think it might literally have rusted into my offhand at this point and is unremovable.

Tested and confirmed though, both arrows and kicks are flying faster than usual. Didn't even need to parse the log, it was like night and day.

Pras Haynar.