Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Kobold

Default Monster summoning III

Is this pet of any use? Is it a better tank than the 57 earth pet?
I know the MS2 pet doesn't have any special abilities, does MS3 have any? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

57 Earth pet over MS3 all day everyday. MS is just a fun fluff spell to use sometimes to see what you can summon.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

MS3 is crap until it gets buffed in Luclin which will not happen on P99.

It is a fluff pet and simply put it is awesome when you summon a rare monster skin from whatever zone you are in. I summoned Inny in PoH a while back and it was funny watching Inny fight Inny.

I also summoned 3 or 4 different dragons in ToV. It was great scaring people with it. I've only seen pictures of it but someone summoned the Sleeper as an MS pet. Now that's cool.

On a side note, P99 has dumbed down mage pets (all pets). They aren't classic at all or era correct. They should all be stronger than what they are.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MS3 is crap until it gets buffed in Luclin which will not happen on P99.

It is a fluff pet and simply put it is awesome when you summon a rare monster skin from whatever zone you are in. I summoned Inny in PoH a while back and it was funny watching Inny fight Inny.

I also summoned 3 or 4 different dragons in ToV. It was great scaring people with it. I've only seen pictures of it but someone summoned the Sleeper as an MS pet. Now that's cool.

On a side note, P99 has dumbed down mage pets (all pets). They aren't classic at all or era correct. They should all be stronger than what they are.

Any way to back this up? Would be nice to see pets returned to former glory.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any way to back this up? Would be nice to see pets returned to former glory.
The internet is out there for everyone to explore. Do your own research. But there are several posts on P99 in regards to Mage pets. Maybe that will be a good place to start if you don't want to venture outside of this forum.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

I've always heard that emissary of thule isn't nearly as good on here as it was in classic and tend to believe it.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Kobold

On classic MS pets would take on the abilities of the other pets randomly. Some would cast the fire pet DS on themselves, some would even do an AE proc type thing like DDD. Still pretty shitty, though a MS pet with ds is better than a fire pet. Probably a little known thing that is not in game though.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Kobold

That'd be nice. It's pretty disappointing their 60 velious spell is basically useless. Every other class's is significant.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Probably need to find references online of people comparing pet durability vs a certain mob to get an idea of pet power back on live during this time frame. Will do some digging although not confident they want to mess with pets.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Em of Thule was a beast during this time period. This Necro pet might as well be slightly less than the mage epic. Minus dps of course.

And, yes....to a few more comments. MS series even at the end of Velious was crap. JUST after Luclin released....1 month I think, the MS series got a huge upgrade. Their melee dps was bumped up (I think by just changing STR, DEX and other stats, not sure) and they were given a proc called SumMonsterAttack. The proc rate was high, like 10% or more and it did about 50 damage.

So, if you didn't have your epic pet at this time, Summon Monster 3 was a awesome pet to have. Throw a mask on him, BO4 and DS....it really changed the game for non-epic mages.