Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server dropped a year ago below 100 including Az boxing. Now tops over 300. Server is thriving!
False propaganda its amazing how many people lie on these forums
Old 02-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Hi coach. The time I used is just an example.

Still stand by my argument that variance is counter productive to PVP. Variance is all about getting to a computer and mobilizing before the other guild does. It does not encourage PVP whatsoever.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I would love to see new players doing is commit to exp zones that are less common. I've PLed friends / shared characters in a number of zones that see absolutely no traffic.

If you are being griefed by a fungi twink in MM or Unrest, then relocate. People can easily exp in WW/OT until they can get a group of level 25-35 players and hit up dalnir.

People can easily exp at giant fort in FM and move to Dalnir/Kaesora or Nurga/Droga if they are in the appropriate level range.

Just food for thought.

This is very true. If you are willing to put in the effort to find something out of the way nobody will bother you. If you want to not PVP you can.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I would love to see new players doing is commit to exp zones that are less common. I've PLed friends / shared characters in a number of zones that see absolutely no traffic.

If you are being griefed by a fungi twink in MM or Unrest, then relocate. People can easily exp in WW/OT until they can get a group of level 25-35 players and hit up dalnir.

People can easily exp at giant fort in FM and move to Dalnir/Kaesora or Nurga/Droga if they are in the appropriate level range.

Just food for thought.
That would be great. However, population is still a problem. Porters are not always available.

The server seems to be growing and there are groups to be had however normally not more than 1 group for a 10 lvl range. People congregate where they expect find groups. If everyone started exping in kunark and Kunark zones, the PKs would simply move there.

Another issue is group ports arnt available till 29 and kunark till 34. Although it's feasible for grouos to all get porters over together it's simply not as efficient as having a porter in group that can fetch new group member or move the group with little to no notice.

At 30+ groups exp locations expand and PKs located in a single place arnt so much of an issue both due to the decreasing power of twinking and increasing power of naked characters. Any issues I've had, we've just immediately left guk and gone to Solb or HHP or FM. It's just harder to do a lower levels it seems like.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

If group ports became available at 16 sow you might see a lot more use out of befallen and najena, BB or Kurns
Old 02-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it. Didn't most people come here for huge pvp battles like I saw from smedy videos back in VZTZ days? Isn't the pinnacle of EverQuest large 50v50v50 zone control battles? Is it our fault that Azrael intentionally keeps their guild # small and therefore is unable to contest head on? Had Azrael taken even a fraction of the people that went to Fresh in order to build up their #'s, then they could be competing 50 v 50 or even 60 v 60 on a weekly basis for amazingly fun pvp fights. Instead, they've decided they'd rather hug KC zone lines for meaningful PvP. Problem isn't the rules or Holocaust, it's Azrael for not wanting to be an actual meaningful EverQuest guild.
Yes this is the problem. Azrael have too much ego over a emulated elf sim game to make it fun. Problem really lies with lite being the leader and equating this game to his sole purpose and gain from life (disturbingly pathetic)

If they could just let their ego go and recruit and fight it would be a great time like on VZTZ
Old 02-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If group ports became available at 16 sow you might see a lot more use out of befallen and najena, BB or Kurns
not classic.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

I'm in Holocaust and I can tell you from my stint in Red Dawn, Gods work, and the two hours I think in Azrael the problem here is pretty clear.

-If you join the current other guilds you cannot progress your character to where pvp is more an even playing field.

-If your in Holo, well not many options to show pvp skill unless you ride out solo. But you get gear! What is strange however is that people with BIS gear stay even tho they rarely ever get something for an alt. What does that say ?

Holo is not what most of us pictured as a fun option on a pvp server. Guildies say this all the time. But what sucks even worse is the other options.

Colgate for being so young carries himself with a lot of maturity. I have heard other guild leaders TS's almost twice his age talk and you would think they were Colgate's actual age.

For me there is no better option than to group with people I can tolerate and ignore the zerg side for a bit. ALOT feel this way. Oh yea the only two things I have gotten here is a trak tooth to finish my key and a vp weapon I rarely use since I was epic'd before joining.

If other guild leaders carried themselves better they would surely have people flocking to join their ranks.

But take a moment and look at who runs the other guilds, their histories. The server being so small has a hard time forgetting who those guys really are. No matter what toon you roll to hide it.

Bullseye- Ranger God's Work
Godspeed- Bard God's Work
Old 02-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuberk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that if two or three different guilds capable of killing the mob, mobilize against eachother. Then you have offshoots of small scale pvp that turns into larger scale pvp as more players log in.

The current ecosystem, which hasn't changed in 4 years is that: one guild gets to critical mass, where it simply cannot be killed in pvp even by a far superior pvp skilled guild, and they get all the raid timers, recruiting is super easy because everyone just wants pixels and all they have to do is log in a few hours a week for that sweet DKP, then all those sick bastards log on the forums to ask why theres no competition for guilds with 1/4 the memberbase.

The real pathetic part is that the same people who were being chastized by Nihilum 3 years ago, are now the ones chastizing Azrael for not competiing while they sit with their 100 members on raid day.
There is no raid day. Not all the mobs pop on Sunday. You keep posting as if you know something about the current raid scene and you just don't. Please stop spamming your ignorant views.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Kobold

The simple truth is that Azrael will not be a competitive guild unless the rules are changed to favor them. If variance were implemented, they would continue to lose, and then they would begin their next propaganda campaign, probably to limit maximum guild size.

I have high raid attendance with Holocaust. We raid with somewhere between 40 and 60, usually right in the middle of that. However, they are not at all the same people from day to day or week to week. We were talking about turnover tonight and I went through the list of names. We had 52 players, including some brand new recruits who needed Sebilis keys in order to raid Trakanon. I joined the guild in October. There were 17 members at the raid who were in the guild when I joined. Seventeen.

This is not an aberration. This is part of the guild mission as I understand it. On many occasions, Gongshow, our guildleader, has clearly stated that he doesn't mind if people join the guild for a little while, join some experience groups, level up, get a little gear and their epics, and then move on. We help people get their epics every day, and many, maybe most, of them disappear. This includes people like Ragnaros and Kecleon who now talk shit about Holocaust--I personally helped Kecleon with his epic mobs.

The best hope the server currently has for healthy competition is Fresh. They are following a similar mission to Holocaust: recruiting new players, helping them gear and level. When Fresh hits a critical mass of level 60s, somewhere around 100 so they can field a raid of 50, I full expect to see them actively compete with us.

I look forward to it.

On the other hand, what I expect from Suave is for the unsuspecting new players in their guild to help gear up the alts of Exed, Akinn, and Gaffin. I expect those players to then return to Azrael and for Suave to fold, just as happens with every guild associated with Azrael.

There is certainly room for a third guild like Holocaust and Fresh who welcome and nurture new players. It's hard to get started on red. Most players will need a little help to learn the ropes. What is currently missing for that to happen is a third set of leaders who will treat their members with dignity and respect.

I would like to offer my personal thanks to Gongshow, Colgate, Waspnado, Terp, Weta and the other leaders of Holocaust for giving me a great home, to Karsten and Bigtuna for creating another guild that doesn't suck, and to Sirken, Aussie, Eunomia, and the other GMs and guides who have been trying to make this a better place to play. I think this server is great and I think the people who badmouth it suck.
Closed Thread