Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Alright, what about more popular items, droppable items, how do they stack up? Fungi Tunics, Manastones, T-Staffs,(Other premium weapons in high demand?) Haste items CoF, SBC, RBB, RBG, are there others?. (Not Dragon sash, Hangman's or FBSS). Amulet of Necro and other things? I've looked at the Class Equipment in these forums recently, they are so far out of date. If you had an Int caster, a Chanter, a Cleric, a Druid, a Shaman, a Monk, A Plate Class Fighter, a Rogue, a Bard, what would be your top, DROPPABLE, BUYABLE 18 items on that character? What weapons would you want?
Last edited by casdegere; 09-02-2011 at 10:13 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

list of people who are cool(1) and have full lustrous russet(2)

1. karsten (1, 2)
2. hasbinbad (2)
3. ektar (1)

oh sniz~
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, what about more popular items, droppable items, how do they stack up? Fungi Tunics, Manastones, T-Staffs,(Other premium weapons in high demand?) Haste items CoF, SBC, RBB, RBG, are there others?. (Not Dragon sash, Hangman's or FBSS). Amulet of Necro and other things? I've looked at the Class Equipment in these forums recently, they are so far out of date. If you had an Int caster, a Chanter, a Cleric, a Druid, a Shaman, a Monk, A Plate Class Fighter, a Rogue, a Bard, what would be your top, DROPPABLE, BUYABLE 18 items on that character? What weapons would you want?
Fungi
RoM
Fungus staff
Manastone
T-staff
CoF
Heiro Cloak
GER
Djarn's Ring
GEBS
SCD
RoA
CRoA
Trak BPs
VS legs
BCG
Tobrins

I guess that would be for twinks primarily, honestly once you start raiding you never wear any of it. You just get resist gear.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi
RoM
Fungus staff
Manastone
T-staff - not rare enough/effective enough on P99
CoF
Heiro Cloak
GER - this item absolutely sucks, i dont care if it was removed.
Djarn's Ring - AC5 55 hp rings trump the bonus HP on Djarns
GEBS - These weren't even best in slot in classic, nor rare
SCD
RoA
CRoA
Trak BPs
VS legs
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Banned

GER/Djarns/GEBS should all be BiS for most of the classes he listed.

Edit: Also, how does a 10ac 7str ring suck for a melee class compared toa 5ac 55hp ring exactly?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
list of people who are cool(1) and have full lustrous russet(2)

1. karsten (1, 2)
2. hasbinbad (2)
3. ektar (1)

oh sniz~
Don't forget that GM event where they missed a decimal point and LR was dropping like a mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GER/Djarns/GEBS should all be BiS for most of the classes he listed.

Edit: Also, how does a 10ac 7str ring suck for a melee class compared toa 5ac 55hp ring exactly?
10 ac and 7 str is pretty much the most garbage shit i can imagine wearing. Who would ever sacrifice 55 hp for 5 more ac (given the soft cap for anyone but tanks is attainable with under 2000 plat in EC) and 7 strength given 9/10 items for a melee have str on them.

Also, news flash Golden Efreeti Boots are literally useless. What use is an increase to your max mana pool unless you are a cleric in a CH rotation? Please name 1 single other class who actually goes OOM during a god/dragon fight.
Last edited by azeth; 09-02-2011 at 11:10 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

So you do value HP more than AC? In that case why wouldn't you want the Djarns over 5ac? Confused.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are TONS of everything you listed above. AoN is likely the rarest but it's hardly a super-rare. SBC might be pretty scarce still but I don't know for sure.

If you wanted to make a list of items that are most-desirable, that would be doable.

If your list was based on pure rarity, that would be doable. Combining them doesn't make much sense unless you can quantify desire based on previous sales. Have fun with that =p.

I would do it like,

One-of-a-kind items and their owners: oaken scimitar, da oogly stick (IIRC), previously mentioned mask.
2-4 quantity items: Mistwalker, glimmer ring, etc
5-10 quantity items: Thex Dagger, individual LR pieces (I'm only guessing here), etc

and then

then maybe items worth 750k plus
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Monks

Ok, what about most preferred items then. For instance, since I know that there are ALOT of Monks on this server lets start with that. Pouring over items I can see that TStaff, RFS, IFS and Peacebringer seem to be highly sought after 2HB monk bashers, Aclub and SoS are 1hb bashers for monks, Fungi Tunics, NoS, Heiro cloaks, Iksar Boots, hardened clay bracelets, Gem inlaid gaunts, Mask? Haste? Hat? Waist? Legs? Arms? Wrist? Rings? Earrings? Back? Shoulders?