Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Banned

When i first started here people would say consent me. I was like lol yea right buddy
Old 02-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do not really effect gameplay.......why can't we implement /corpsedrag?...this is something else I really don't feel would detract from classic gameplay.......I really don't see why these would not be implemented. These are again just a convenience so that you don't have to type /consent whomever and I really don't see where they detract from classic gameplay.
The goal of this project isn't to cater to the individual and make life easier for you, it's to create a classic EverQuest. The abilities you listed are not classic, therefor will not exist, unless it existed between Vanilla and Velious.

If you think any of the abilities you listed were functioning between 1999 and 2001, create a bug report with evidence supporting your claims.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

They stopped the loot on consent very early in EQ, so it really would not be classic.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They stopped the loot on consent very early in EQ, so it really would not be classic.
the pits was in classic when your friend asked you to drag their corpse and you would accidentally click it in the process.

oh man ! how much copper/silver did you have? ugh !
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the pits was in classic when your friend asked you to drag their corpse and you would accidentally click it in the process.

oh man ! how much copper/silver did you have? ugh !
This helped you build a reputation though. Being a cleric, I hauled corpses all over during the loot phase. Would even 'sneak peaks' and give newbies gear and $$, "I accidentally looted the money on your corpse, here is 10p and a SBS".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fourth, mouse button binds. This one may be a titanium client limitation, I'm not sure. But for as long as I can remember I've had autorun bound to my mouse button 4. I cannot however make bindings to my mouse buttons on P99.
I got everything bound to my mouse. Just gotta set up your mouse software to bind your buttons to numbers.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Orc

Well, I must say most people responded as I expected. Very little constructive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal of this project isn't to cater to the individual and make life easier for you, it's to create a classic EverQuest. The abilities you listed are not classic, therefor will not exist, unless it existed between Vanilla and Velious.

If you think any of the abilities you listed were functioning between 1999 and 2001, create a bug report with evidence supporting your claims.
Perhaps the use of the Luclin UI, or any custom UI, should be banned then? They were not around between 1999 and 2001, why are we allowed to use them?

This is just one example, I'm sure can find more, of things that differ. I can understand not doing things like giving clerics lower level rez spells that were added later in the game and completely alter the difficulty of play, but I've yet to see a constructive reason on why not to add things that were mere conveniences other than "they weren't there in classic".

Anyone who remembers button mashing /corpse while doing CR as iconic must've been focusing to much on the button mashing lol. I much more fondly remember the difficulty of flopping through dungeons and trying not to die to casters, praying FD didn't fail at the wrong time, than I do the /corpse. In fact most of the time, post kunark at least, I had /corpse bound to movement keys and my fd key, when doing a cr and would rarely have to even press the /corpse button.

Is typing /consent xxxx really so much of an EQ memory for you that you would that adamantly oppose auto consents? I mean of course /consent was a big deal back when it gave full loot rights, but that isn't the case anymore.

I just don't see why we can't preserve the classic style experience but make enhancements that do not detract from the experience but provide conveniences, like the customizable UI.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

How do you ban a ui?

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Things aren't 'added' like Luclin UI's. We can't disable them in the client, yet. As soon as we are able to however, they'll disappear and be a footnote in the patch notes. =)

This project is not about convenience, or catering to the lowest common denominator. It is recreating the database & server side as closely to classic as can be achieved.

So yes, if a current function is useful, yet not classic. It will be scrutinized at some point. And destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

I have to disagree with the OP on all of the issues he raised. All of them make the game easier, and I think the quintessential thing that was trying to be preserved was the distinct difficulty of the game. And on that front every little piece matters. Besides /corpsedrag let you not only auto drag multiple bodies it also then let you click on and /corpse more,
So one rogue could drag like 5 people at once EASILY. So that's just one example but you can start to see how seemingly irrelevant features do actually make or break the game
Closed Thread