Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Orc

Default Annual or Biannual Plat Poof

We all know the flaws of the game. Eq has been around for quite a while now. A big problem with any aging server or economy is inflation.

I recently read a thread about the high cost of player sold items for a new player. I couldn't agree more. The fact is, any item costing over 10-20k is a little bit absurd when you consider vendoring prices.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about prices because I can't afford them. I do fine for myself.

This is a serious post about a very real problem.

Also, though the staff has taken great steps to curb it, RMT has already done damage to the economy. One only need to sit in EC for a minute to see that.

This problem can only get worse, so, as a possible solution, instead of a server wipe which some have suggested, I propose a complete player money wipe.

The way the economy is going is making this server more and more inhospitable to newcomers and making a sum of 100pp a trivial or inconsequential amount.

I would like all of you classic players to ask yourself if the costs on this server are anywhere near what they were on live during this time, and think before you respond out of defense of your savings. Though you may be rich now, it will not take long to get back to your current state when all inflation is removed.

Ask not what your server can do for you, but what you can do for your server.
Last edited by rixardion; 01-30-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

You gon' get graped.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Sink my money into merchant bought gems, profit
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Orc

I'm brand new to P99 and it seems like alot of stuff is very expensive, even for just low gear. My options are either get a lucky drop or farm bone chips for quite a while to be able to afford just 1 item that's sold at EC. lol
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Kobold

It seems to me everyone is complaining about not having sweet loot when they are level 20-30. I didn't have shit back when I played lived, except a few items people gave me. Everyone is complaining that people who have high end items are greedy, when in reality they have been playing this for years and earned what they have. Everyone wanting resets or bitching about items prices seem to be the greedy ones. You all want something for near nothing.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

This is insurmountably stupid. Because of that, no amount of discussion is going to force this to happen.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm brand new to P99 and it seems like alot of stuff is very expensive, even for just low gear. My options are either get a lucky drop or farm bone chips for quite a while to be able to afford just 1 item that's sold at EC. lol
This isn't WoW. In EQ, you level up and then you get better gear; you don't need/get better gear so that you can manage to level.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't WoW. In EQ, you level up and then you get better gear; you don't need/get better gear so that you can manage to level.
No one compared it to WoW. I played EQ when it first released, I know how it works. I was just responding to the OP.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

The problem for new people is the amount of twinks present on this server. They group with people who have 100k+ worth of gear, meanwhile they are wearing banded and swinging a green jade broadsword.

But, this is what happens when you show up late in the game.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one compared it to WoW. I played EQ when it first released, I know how it works. I was just responding to the OP.
Maybe you didn't mean to, but you really were.

Modern MMOs require you to have a certain quality of gear to play the game, because gear is like 3/4 or more of what makes your character effective. But that's not how it works in EQ, which is why it is silly when new players complain about how they can't afford to buy gear in EC unless they spend hours farming pelts or bone chips or whatever.

I die a little bit inside every time I see some level 25 caster spending hours in EC trying to find a deal on a spirit tome or some shit instead of being out there playing the game.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-30-2014 at 12:39 PM..
Closed Thread