Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiblaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where in Chicago? What part? Rush St, Lincoln Park, Boystown? The last 2 you prolly wont get mugged unless its 5am. That sucks man.

I've come close to having 2-3 people eye me on the Red Line late at night. Just NEVER have your phone out on the L or nearit
West Lincoln park. By Ashland and Armitage, I was walking home late under the underpass there. Definitely not a good idea.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Dude's with swag usually mention how much swag they have, completely unprovoked?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Kobold

Not exactly mugged, but...
Got jumped by a couple Pagans once, in the parking lot of a bar.
Everyone that was there or knows the story, including myself, is amazed I made it out of that situation relatively unscratched.

The fun part came the next day when they found out who I was associated with.
I was told that if I would care to, please show up at that bar again, they wanted to buy me a beer and shake my hand to apologize. The whole thing was ultimately a huge mistake from the start, wasn't me that they were pissed at, they just didn't know it at the time.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Never been mugged, there arent even cities in central maine, but I have had a gun pulled on me. Walking my dog in the trails when I heard LOUD steps and rustling didn't know what it was so i ran back home, I was like 11. all of a sudden a guy comes up behind me on horseback with his daughter who i knew.

He asked me Why you runnin boy?

I told him just to run, this was still on my property.

He asked if I was running from the juvi center, theres a prison in my town that has a juvinelle detention center, there I am in jeans and a tshirt with my Basset hound and he thinks I just broke out of juvi...

anyway he unholsters his gun, doesnt point it at me but still, asks me where i live etc. eventually told me to go home and wouldn't stop starin me down until i was out of sight.

Doesn't relate to mugging or anything but with so few experiences in maine i gotta reach out when I can! This guy lives in my town too, TOTAL NUTJOB, he killed my husky because he claimed it took down a full sized horse. okay my 60lb leaped and took down your full sized horse by the neck, not only once but TWICE because the first shot scared him off but not away...

anyway, it didn't stop me from walking those same trails I do everyday. I'm a little more aware but I'm not carrying a gun with me or running and hiding when the wind blows.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

I've been mugged once.

Was walking home from the bar about ten years ago in Colorado Springs and heard a call from behind me. A dude with a scope-fitted rifle was hiding in an alley and had drawn down on me as I passed. He led me back into the alley to a garage and pointed the gun at my face while accusing me of damaging his truck. I hadn't, but he didn't believe me. Finally I had enough and I grabbed the barrel of the gun and pushed it away from my face and we struggled over the rifle for a moment and if I had taken it I would have killed him without a second thought.

As it turned out, though, he had a friend with him whom I had not seen. The guy grabbed me from behind and then the first guy hit me with the butt of the rifle and cracked my head open. I went unconscious for I don't know how long, and when I woke up I was laying in the street and there was blood everywhere.

I staggered to a 7-11 and called the cops to report it and hopefully have them carry me back to the scene of the crime. What came instead was an ambulance and they took me to the ER.

It was New Year's Day, come to think of it--and the emergency room was packed. Someone had died right before I arrived and her body was still on a gurney in the waiting room and it was chaos. I sat there for a few and then I just left.

The next few days I drove up and down alleys with my pistol hoping to find the garage or the truck or the dude, but I never did. Nothing looked the same under the sun. I'm glad I didn't find him.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been mugged once.

Was walking home from the bar about ten years ago in Colorado Springs
Southside Johnny's, amirite?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As it turned out, though, he had a friend with him whom I had not seen.
Rule of Plus One.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

So lucky I have never been mugged.
I've had the shit beat out of me, but never mugged.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Southside Johnny's, amirite?
Nope.

Tony's, I think it was called. Little place down by CC. Was a shop called The Lotus Eater way back in the day.

I had a house downtown on Cache la Poudre so it was only a few blocks to walk.

Oh man, that's a lot of Springs name-droppin' right there.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Kobold

I was an unwilling participant in a mugging attempt once. Happened on a date. I thought I had scored some macho points with the lady, defending us and all. Turns out, she did not want to date me again, claiming I was "too violent" for her tastes. Guess I should have just let the guys take our shit?
Closed Thread