Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really do not understand the attitude of like it or quit, surely its in everyones best interest to maintain the population server levels for game enrichment.

This doesnt mean bending to everyones will but it does mean fixing problems which do have a big impact on a classess ability to play as was intended to by the original game designers.

Mages cannot hunt on there own without some sort of mechanism to prevent them tanking which they cannot do, all other casters have that mechanism, root, snare, fear etc. We have pets and only pets.

Pet aggro needs to be fixed to prevent an exodus of mages which can group but are often over looked for groups if something better is available.

I think that is a very very reasonable request and I should really get no objection as it doesnt effect class balance imo.

This is a constructive comment and all it would take is a developer to drop a post saying they will look into it and the thread is over, very simple.

Gandulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth pet root? Seriously? That's your answer?

Bahahahahahaha

Yeah, that shit is great when you are lvl 12 and can tank the mob yourself anyway.

Know how long a 50+ mage lasts with an appropriate level mob beating on them?

The answer is not long enough to hope that your pet may actually proc root, which I see happen 1-2 times a fight
They said you do not have means to root. I disagree, you do. The strength of this power wasn't questioned, but to say you cannot root a mob is being misleading.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Aviak

No pets do not innately duel wield, you have to equip them with weapons to do so which does hamper the mage chain pet summoning technique, but im only 30 so dont use it yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Aviak

Well thats definately being very pedantic Daldaen but you are correct.

We do have the ability but it is not of sufficient power to provide the same abilities afforded to our caster counterparts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No pets do not innately duel wield, you have to equip them with weapons to do so which does hamper the mage chain pet summoning technique, but im only 30 so dont use it yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that just a mage thing? I never played a mage to high levels, but I know necro pets used to innately dual wield. I'm not high enough yet to see if they do it here, but they should unless they lost the ability some time in Kunark.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that just a mage thing? I never played a mage to high levels, but I know necro pets used to innately dual wield. I'm not high enough yet to see if they do it here, but they should unless they lost the ability some time in Kunark.
necro pets were definitely able to innately dual wield at higher levels, having to give weapons to emmisary of thule to get him to quad was never classic.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Not sure TBH when I read the update it just said pets but didnt specify a class so assumed it applied to all. Not sure if someone can clarify?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

only necro pet that dual wields innately is the 56 monk pet

IF any other pet does, the % to do it is so low it never does.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

April 17th 2011 patch. http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...highlight=pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Kanras: Pets will no longer automatically dual wield at a certain level.
I'm pretty sure pets getting dual wield at a level cap is classic, and it was removed due to the devs feeling pets were overpowered (atleast thats what i recall skin reading). If that is indeed the case, I'd say an unnerfing is in order due to this exping change, making the overpoweredness of chain petting moot due to it not yielding much exp anymore.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
April 17th 2011 patch. http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...highlight=pets

I'm pretty sure pets getting dual wield at a level cap is classic, and it was removed due to the devs feeling pets were overpowered (atleast thats what i recall skin reading). If that is indeed the case, I'd say an unnerfing is in order due to this exping change, making the overpoweredness of chain petting moot due to it not yielding much exp anymore.
Yeah I meant when was it changed on live. That's what matters. I don't like seeing that they may have changed it because they think pets are OP. Did they think classic pets were OP?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

original eq:
apr 2000 - kunark opens
8 months later...
nov 2000 patch notes: Higher level Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowknight pets now have the ability to dual-wield without being handed weapons.

project 1999:
mar 25 - kunark opens

so, according to the timeline, we should be getting this ability back any day now!
Closed Thread