Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssalstalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am 80% sure I am quitting after this change.

I do not have the time to find full-time groups and even duoing the pet would eat XP so easily. Not only that, but finding groups is an EXTREMELY painful. Either there's no tank, no cleric or the group wipes and it's not time efficient.

So I've soloed my entire way to 44 and have had a blast doing it. Met people along the way and socialized enough to be satisfied.

Now without bending over backwards to deal 50% more damage to the mob I am gimped half my XP which makes it as inefficient as grouping, even on my own time.

I just got an add while kiting spirocs in TD and dealt with them both like a pro. Obviously an unintentional add and slowing fearing both leaves me with no mana and I have to rely on pet for DPS. I dealt with both well but got gimped on XP.

I'm disgusted now and think its time to say farewell
agreed with this post. cya on live.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

I should mention that Necros got the easy end of the nerf. At least they can fear and snare the mob away and do 50% damage in a safe way. However, its inconvenient, mana inefficient and just not fun to worry about pet taking XP. I don't want to always have the feeling of worry that I may get half XP when soloing. I play a game to have fun and relax, period.

Enchanters with charm pets are COMPLETELY destroyed. Not even worth it anymore.

Mages have 0 utility like necros and one nuke with broken pet aggro is GG for them pretty much.

I really feel for those 2 the worst. They don't even have the option to work around it.
Last edited by abyssalstalker; 10-28-2011 at 01:12 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssalstalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should mention that Necros got the easy end of the nerf. At least they can fear and snare the mob away and do 50% damage in a safe way. However, its inconvenient, mana inefficient and just not fun to worry about pet taking XP. I don't want to always have the feeling of worry that I may get half XP when soloing. I play a game to have fun and relax, period.

Enchanters with charm pets are COMPLETELY destroyed. Not even worth it anymore.

Mages have 0 utility like necros and one nuke with broken pet aggro is GG for them pretty much.

I really feel for those 2 the worst. They don't even have the option to work around it.
Yes my necro so far can solo fine. It's a little mana inefficient but I have the tools to do it.

But like I've been saying, this is one of those retarted classic mechanics the devs did right in fixing during Luclin. It's the same with class/race XP nerfs. They are both retarted systems from a time when MMORPGs were really experiments in what to do and what not to do, and it turns out XP penalties are what not to do.

I think class/race XP nerfs were eliminated sometime in Velious and pet XP sometime in Luclin, which means we will see one eliminated but not the other. That sucks because both are equally retarted and equally deserving of being eliminated, which they were, but won't be here unfortunately.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only necro pet that dual wields innately is the 56 monk pet

IF any other pet does, the % to do it is so low it never does.
Not true. Emmisary of thule also dual weilds innately.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Large Bat

I soloed ~10 hours on my lvl 55 necro post nerf. Tried solo as before or outdps my pet, efficiency was reduced about the same (50% xp penalty versus triple down time). Noticed my xp bar moved only 12% after 10 hours, which means I need over 80 hours to ding level 56. This is kinda overwhelming to me, especially after 10 hours work a day. See, I dont get food stamps from goverment so I don't have that much spare time. This XP nerf were eliminated sometime in Luclin, which means it will never happen here.

Recent discussion brought by Guineapig about custom content and Rogean's confirmation in another thread (no Luc. but will introduce some custom contents after Vel) made me feel this is only a customed "classic" server. I think I will go live progression to start over again. At least I am sure they will progress it classically and 12.95/month is not a problem to me (might be a problem for a lot ppls playing here? dunno). Whenever I feel tired of Vel after farming the same thing for a year, I will get Luc/POP instead of customed weird contents.

Think I may come back later. Hope the server gets better. Good luck guys.
Last edited by Rockafella; 10-28-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Large Bat

Why do this? The mages gives up a lot of utility to cast that pet. Why should the player be nerfed if all he wants to do is stand back and drain his mana on healing his pet instead of doing damage?

Should a cleric not get experience if he groups up with a warrior to kill a mob by only healing him and not casting on the mob?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Aviak

I am not sure the change from classic pet exp was ever mentioned in the patch notes, but you can look here. There is a page on Alla's talking about the change. This was originally posted by a dev sometime before June 2002, but the forum post is long gone.
"In the old scheme, if a pet did more than half of the damage to a monster, it took half the experience reward. In the new scheme, pets take zero experience unless no player does damage."
Personally I'd rather the 'new scheme' where 1 damage = full exp, but whatever it's a free server.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

"it's classic" or "working as intended" just doesnt cut it when you start bringing in custom content.

The talk of custom content from PoP and Luclin is exciting as I loved those expansions, albeit it had its problems (destroying wizards and druids for utility with their ports.) This is a great idea and will make things a lot of fun, exciting and even fresh.

Albeit, adding this "classic" change that completely destroys three classes is just meaningless at this point in the game and causes misery. Why not bring in luclin and PoP because it ruins the game for some classes, yet make this change? Where is the fairness?
Last edited by abyssalstalker; 10-28-2011 at 04:51 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also decided I'm done here, this isn't classic, this is just a custom server where it's been decided to nerf the heck out of pet classes
Old 10-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

No one responded when I mentioned the fact that the xp penalties concerning pets and hybrids were a way of making you play longer in effect ensuring that your MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEES would continue to come in for a longer period of time. The removal of these penalties which resulted in longer time to achieve end game level to me was in response to the fact that Sony began to experience competition.

I mean look at the timelines and you can tell this is obvious. This is not a balance issue.....This was a business move by Sony....You know Sony the guys with the SW:G debacle and other such fuck ups. The fact that this is an issue here is pretty much moot considering there is no subscription service.

You guys can dress it up as a balance issue all you want but you should stop and analyze why the sony devs decided to go this route and i guarantee it was not in response to the EQ boards where people were constantly QQing about X class is more powerful than Y class. It did not have to do with "There are not enough clerics!" or "There are not enough people playing warriors, they are all playing the easy solo classes so my group cant find a tank" because with the sheer number of servers and server pops you could not convince me that there was a severe lack of any class being represented.
Closed Thread