Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone experience this after installing it on the PC?

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is the problem my father is having... someone recommended looking to see if wsock32.dll got deleted by an antivirus. Will try this soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is the problem my father is having... someone recommended looking to see if wsock32.dll got deleted by an antivirus. Will try this soon.
You also mentioned he didn't install it on the C: drive. I didn't either. That seems to be one thing in common with out problem, but the poster above said it wasn't necessary to install on the C: drive.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also mentioned he didn't install it on the C: drive. I didn't either. That seems to be one thing in common with out problem, but the poster above said it wasn't necessary to install on the C: drive.
He transfered it to the C drive and it still did not work, he still has wsock32.dll too... It's a mystery.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Aviak

The problem I am having, is that I can't get any Luclin models in game. Even setting all to "TRUE" in the eqclient.ini has no effect.

Could this be due to the expac bug mentioned above? Using either my old EQLive accounts, or making a new one Kunark and beyond are not enabled.

So, I can get in, but only the original old world.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Banned

Did you copy the EQMac Resource folder into the right area? What PC client are you using? A copy of P99 or fresh install of Titanium?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem I am having, is that I can't get any Luclin models in game. Even setting all to "TRUE" in the eqclient.ini has no effect.

Could this be due to the expac bug mentioned above? Using either my old EQLive accounts, or making a new one Kunark and beyond are not enabled.

So, I can get in, but only the original old world.
all eqmac accounts flagged after the 15th do not have expansions yet. They will be enabled monday or tuesday
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Aviak

I see, thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:08 AM
Banned

To that extent, Luclin models and PoK will be open to new accounts at that time. If you're having issues enabling Luclin models after that point (the in game configuration seems to have problems reading PC memory) everything can be edited in the EQClient.ini file in your base folder. Initiate a search for it.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a workaround. Client seems kind of wonky but maybe that's because I need to change some settings, but downloading the browser client and then copying the files within the Resources folder it produces into my EQMac folder, THEN patching it with Secrets' patch has fixed this.
Where is this resource folder located?
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 02-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Banned

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EQMacintosh or something to that effect.