Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Default OSX Wine, Help Getting Mouse Working Properly

I am on OSX 10.9.5 using Wineskin wrapper version 2.6.0 and Engine WS9Wine1.7.23. I've been running under wine for months acceptably, but there are 2 big issues i've run into.

1. If you right click and hold to control the camera, you can only rotate 180* in any direction. You then have to re-right click to continue rotating. However, this SEEMS to be resolved by selecting "Use Mac Driver instead of X11" under "Set Screen Options".

2. This 2nd issue I havent resolved and its driving me nuts. I play in windowed mode on a machine with multiple monitors. If I right click and hold (to control the camera), the camera rotates correctly UNTIL I hit the edge of the window. At that point the cursor leaves the window, the OS seems to change context (even though I am still moving the camera with the mouse in EQ), so I lose control of my keyboard keys until I move the cursor back into the window. Whats worse is that if I press any keys that are also hot keys in any app which gains context, that will trigger whatever action in the other apps (such as opening new windows as such). This has caused me to lose control of my character and be murdered by whatever mob I am fighting.

It seems like what needs to happen is that the window "captures" the cursor much like what happens in a virtual machine. I've tried the various winetricks settings for MouseWarpOverride but that didnt seem to help. I'm thinking potentially some combinations of virtual desktop settings might work, but I havent figured it out.

Has anyone been able to resolve issue #2 on their machine? I am open to reconfiguring my install of EQ to make this work, however I do not own a copy of windows and really dont want to buy one just to play EQ. So my preferred method would be to get this working in Wine or another piece of emulation software.

Thanks
Last edited by ajdes; 11-08-2014 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: clarifying behavior