Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Large Bat

Default Exploring

It was always my idea to make a guild or join a guild that was dedicated to bringing together a group of people that all had an interest in exploring. It seems like a lot of zones just get passed by as they are out of the way or there is not enough people to find a group. Is there a community of people on this server who would be down to explore the zones that we never got to experience on live?
I am not talking about a hardcore leveling guild but rather forming the guild as to have a hub to form these exploration groups. Maybe for instance one zone per week will be chosen or a few hours on certain nights will be on the agenda, with willing members signing up and forming groups beforehand. I am not looking to farm the zones where only the best equipment drops or where experience is earned easiest. It would be about experiencing the zones at the levels they were designed for.
It seems like this server would be a great chance to experience the places we never got to visit. What is everyones thoughts on this? Sound like a good idea?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be down to try something like that out.. I don't think it would feel a lot like exploring though if it was on P99. (so much twink gear and lots of the zones are surprisingly inhabited)

might work best if we went to one of them isolated no population servers with like 5 or 6 people and tried to take on norrath with just a band of adventurers.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

There are a bunch of zones that almost never have any people. Ones that i can think of off the top of my head are...Cazic Thule and Najena. I personally never XP'd in SolA on live or on here, and from what i hear it's a great zone. I have a 24 monk and would totally be down for some adventures. Send me a tell on Bleugrass or Yano if you are around that level.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

I spent quite a bit of time in Najena and there are usually a group or two there or a few people duoing / soloing

now a really empty zone that i've seen (one of the few) is gorge of king xorbb or beholder's maze w/e you want to call it.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be down to try something like that out.. I don't think it would feel a lot like exploring though if it was on P99. (so much twink gear and lots of the zones are surprisingly inhabited)
He didn't exactly specify that he wanted to explore virgin lands with untwinked characters.

I know that I've always had fun exploring places in EQ, even on live after the glory years of the game. Sure, people have done it before. And no, I wasn't always doing it with untwinked characters. But I had never been to those places (or at least never paid close attention to them), and the depths of befallen or paw or whatever are hardly a cakewalk even for a group of superdupertwinks, assuming they're the right level for the dungeon.

There's certainly plenty of places that are USUALLY untouched that would be fun to poke around in. Cb, bb, kurns, unrest, uguk, sola, mm, lguk, solb, com, kc, seb... those dungeons are all pretty busy most of the day, especially at primetime. But all of the rest of them tend to be empty most of the time (kerra, befallen, najena, runnyeye, paw, ct, dalnir, permafrost, kaesora, nurga, droga, mighta missed a couple), and when they aren't empty it will be 1 group, or someone getting pleveled, etc., not multiple full groups.

If you really want to go all out, there are a million little corners of outdoor zones that no one ever goes to that are fun to see, have little settlements of NPCs in them, might have a few quests you can find, might have a named mob tucked away here or there, etc.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 03-07-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

I suppose you are right.. it is cool to roam around and see stuff..

but I always thought of exploring as dangerous.. and the more dangerous it is.. the more fun it is... hence the no twink etc
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Large Bat

the whole idea isnt to find new content but to experience the content that i cant on my own. i have a lvl 13 bard right now and would love to check out clan runneye, befallen, etc.. for it to work though it would require people from different classes and a bunch of people around the same level group. it would be cool to have enough people to have mini-events where for a few days we had a group in najena and a group in runneye, etc.. with enough people it could be as casual for each individual as wanted.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Banned

Splitpaw Lair was one of my favorite dungeons. Shame no one goes there.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

ahh like low level raids

I know velious had some stuff like that.

Like that muglwump dude in the warrens

had a blast raiding him low level xD

can't really think of any low level raid content per say but for sure be some stuff you could go after with a low level group.

najena would be good like mentioned before if you trying for a challenge but maybe not necessarily isolated gameplay.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

City raiding is possibly the most exciting thing i've done on EQ with guildies in the 40s-50s. Could try that? :P

EDIT: Actually scratch that i just remembered you said Low Level.
Last edited by Danyelle; 03-08-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Closed Thread