Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Default current raid rules...

Posted by Bumamgar
Quote:
Ektar tried to impose some additional rules on the situation, and I promptly ignored him. I'm not against working within an additional set of player created rules, but no one handed me a rulebook when I formed WI and started raiding, and waiting till I'm running a raid under a 30 minute timer at 8:30 in the morning on a Monday to inform me of these "extra" rules and expecting me to honor them sight unseen and back down from a mob I've just spent 5 days camping is ludicrous. I'm sure I'll be involved in further discussions with the other raiding guilds on this server and come to an agreement, but springing it as a surprise mid-raid is pretty lame, imho. It was well known that WI was camping Naggy, and there was plenty of time for Ektar to send me a tell during that time to make sure I was aware of whatever additional rules beyond the official GM created rules I was going to be expected to know about and adhere to.
The last thread was locked but I think it goes without saying , that it is not Ektar's, nor anyone else's responsibility to make sure you know the raid rules. As a guild leader for a raiding guild, it is entirely on you to make sure you know that stuff before hand. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it.

Here you go, for next time. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8150

And as far as the "Additional rules"
Quote:
If two raid forces of 15 people remain in the zone of a raid npc with the intent of camping the spawn the first raid force with the 15 minimum will have rights to the first attempt provided they meet the roll call from the second raid force upon the actual spawn. A roll call will be made in shout by the raid leader of the second raid present with 15 people. The raid force who was there first is then REQUIRED to have at least 15 members reply in shout with “present” within 60 seconds. If the raid force that was there first fails to have 15 people reply within 60 seconds, the attempt will be awarded to the raid force who was there second. Once the 60 seconds has expired ,the second raid force will also have 60 seconds to shout that they are present in order to confirm claim. In order to maintain “being there first” during a camp, 15 members must remain in the zone. At any point of that number goes below 15, then first shot would change to the raid force who is present with 15. A roll call is only to be used if there is more than one raid force in a zone and then a raid mob spawns.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

You, WI, failed the roll call and still got the nagafen rights, yet ANOTHER reason why these dumbass rules dont work. And I hope the GMs would do much as they have done when other guilds have broken the same rules.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Want a REAL suggestion. Let any guild call a roll call at ANY given point in the cycle to another guilds raid force. This roll call may only happen once every 2 hours, and is to be timestamped each time. If the guild who loses that roll call wishes to continue to try and camp the mob, they have to wait 1 hour to re-roll call the first guild.

24 ACTIVE People to call roll call. 24 ACTIVE to respond. 60 second window. Why 24 people? 4 groups should be enough to kill any target, having less could produce problems for certain fights. Rather then have different rules for different zones, make it all the maximum.

Doing so will enable ANY raid guild to walk in any zone, call for roll, and have the ability to sweep the camp away from them. It will discourage camping for long periods of time, because who wants to have 24 active people on all the time? Right now i bet everytime a mob spawns at 2-7 in the morning; less then 8 people are online at that time. Batphones, Twitters (lulz) whatever is the method to summoning a raid force is what gets everyones attention.

Now. If these rules are broken I think there needs to be a harsh punishment. Not a ban - that's too easy. If IB took a mob when it was not won by them via rollcall - then IB is out of any raid target for an entire week.

Take it as you will, but i think this is a solid system and i would like to thank Kira (Wrei) for bringing it up.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Kobold

On top of that, given your attitude, I wish we'd rolled your asses instead of letting you get a 30 min timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atennu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
24 ACTIVE People to call roll call. 24 ACTIVE to respond. 60 second window. Why 24 people?
Sorry but that just won't fly. Ib did Inny with 19 people last week, yet we must have 24 in zone to have claim?

Quote:
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Somehow the argument of "I didn't know these were the rules" just doesn't seem to fly.

Either way, you guys shouldn't have called the 30 minute timer at all and simply taken naggy when they failed the roll call.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but that just won't fly. Ib did Inny with 19 people last week, yet we must have 24 in zone to have claim?
19 people + how many hasted/charmed planar mobs
Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atennu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want a REAL suggestion. Let any guild call a roll call at ANY given point in the cycle to another guilds raid force. This roll call may only happen once every 2 hours, and is to be timestamped each time. If the guild who loses that roll call wishes to continue to try and camp the mob, they have to wait 1 hour to re-roll call the first guild.
Not a bad idea at all.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Rules are rules. It doesn't matter how many days WI sits there, if they fail the roll call (a rule I personally think is crap, btw) then they lose the mob if the other guild can make the roll call.

What is so stupid is that WI didn't get steam rolled even when they failed the roll call, and yet their leadership is whining. The people you are dealing with aren't carebears and, sadly for the wI membership, I think you can expect a very different reaction from now on with IB due to your whine-fest.

The rules have published on this forum so that any player can read them. There are level 1 new players running around that are more familiar with the rules apparently than the WI leadership.

The raid rules on this server are just not good. The players are responsible for this, not the Devs. Change the rules!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
19 people + how many hasted/charmed planar mobs
Does it matter? But IIRC, none.

Quote:
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Closed Thread