Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzer1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having the exact same problem... I do not know how to proceed
To anyone else having the spells issue:

Only thing that worked for me was a fresh install.

Delete your entire EQ folder, create a new directory (I went w/ C:EQEmu instead of going through x86 Program files), and install w/ Titanium mounted on the newest version of Daemon Tools.

I then DL'd patch 42, extracted all the folders/files to my desktop...and manually selected / dragged to their proper corresponding locations within the freshly made EQ directory. Also note you gotta go in and delete the 5-6 files as stated on the Getting Started guide.

Worked like a charm.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Dang, all i did was download the new patch and overwrite the existing files.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Aviak

looks like you did the 27 july 2001 patch with exception of

- Egress will now work indoors.

- Wind of the North, Wind of the South, Markar's Relocation and
Tishan's Relocation have had their additional restrictions removed, and
can now be cast from any zone where other similar spells can be cast.

- Summon Companion can now be used by Necromancers, Shamans,
Enchanters, Shadowknights in addition to Magicians.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-1.html
Old 04-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very strange. I did not see any pathing issues with them by initial looks.

Where in HoT were they being fought? I will look into issues in combat.

H
Looks more like an animation issue. The wurm texture like flashes and resets constantly while in combat.

Noticed this fighting in the usual spot near the HoT exit.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Aviak

Why was Narandi's lance nerfed? I spent 65k on it few weeks ago =/. I can understand the epic's getting the level requirements but it doesnt make sense for the lance. I guess a few people enjoying their Sks and Pallies was a game breaking offense.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why was Narandi's lance nerfed? I spent 65k on it few weeks ago =/. I can understand the epic's getting the level requirements but it doesnt make sense for the lance. I guess a few people enjoying their Sks and Pallies was a game breaking offense.
Because the Devs are following the classic timeline. Stats on the Lance will be updated in the Oct 2001 patch
Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 follows the classic timeline.

This means that nerfs / item removals / content revamps are supposed to roughly coincide with how they were on live during a certain time period. The server is currently moving through the velious timeline and the last patch moved us ahead to around June 2001 on the timeline, which is after when Narandi's Lance was nerfed on live.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 04-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the Devs are following the classic timeline. Stats on the Lance will be updated in the Oct 2001 patch
You mean "following the timeline for the things they can implement"?

As pointed out in another thread, druid evacs changed the same time wizzie TLs got added. That's not in the patch. Food and drink durations should be in game, but they're not.

People really need to understand this is not a classic server. It's a custom server that roughly follows classic.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People really need to understand this is not a classic server. It's a custom server that roughly follows classic.
People are aware and understand.

However, we also understand it is not run by a fully staffed game studio thus do not expect them to be delivered as on live. They've done a really good job at re-creating the live experience and considering it is more classic than the live current servers I'll take some delays in when patches are implemented.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean "following the timeline for the things they can implement"?

As pointed out in another thread, druid evacs changed the same time wizzie TLs got added. That's not in the patch. Food and drink durations should be in game, but they're not.

I don't think anyone with half a brain completely expects or thinks it's possible to perfectly 100% recreate every tiny detail of live servers 15 years later especially without having the ability to change the source code for the client. With that said the devs have done one hell of a job recreating the closest thing we've had to classic since live servers in 1999-2001 and should be praised rather than being criticized.... especially by those that have not actively contributed to the development of the server.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Closed Thread