Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

Default Multi Account Question

So I have my main account and my brother/dad share a 2nd account that has an IP Exemption with mine. Neither of them play a whole lot just here and there. I had a question that I wanted to run by you guys and (hopefully) get a staff response to clarify. My dad is frequently at his computer for work but doesn't have time to play much while working. But if he logged in his cleric to just buff/heal me once in a while then went afk and tabbed back out to work. Is this going to throw up flags and get me in trouble with people accusing me of 2 boxing? As an outsider looking in it will probably look like I'm boxing cause he won't be actively playing but it's still 2 separate people controlling the accounts. Just wanted to clarify before I risk getting myself in trouble.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

I do not know how they check for boxing, but I'm confident since you are connecting from different IPs.. it wouldn't matter.

I would wait for staff to respond.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Will it throw flags? Yes. Will people likely report the perma-follow cleric and you? Yes.

As long as there are two actual players playing you are okay. If a GM were to investigate your session, you best hope your brother/dad are currently sitting at the keyboard to prove you aren't 2boxing.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yevea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a GM were to investigate your session, you best hope your brother/dad are currently sitting at the keyboard to prove you aren't 2boxing.
That's my biggest concern. My dad won't necessarily be at his keyboard all the time or actively playing. If a GM pops up and tells us to run in circles or something he may not even be at his computer at the time.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Kobold

In that situation it may be best to not toe the line.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakidd4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my biggest concern. My dad won't necessarily be at his keyboard all the time or actively playing. If a GM pops up and tells us to run in circles or something he may not even be at his computer at the time.
Assuming you are legit for the sake of the discussion...

Your dad needs to camp out when not buffing you. He can alt tab from his spreadsheets to log back in when you need your rebuffs. Doing it with the regular AFKs will eventually get you banned.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumesh Uhl'Belk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming you are legit for the sake of the discussion...

Your dad needs to camp out when not buffing you. He can alt tab from his spreadsheets to log back in when you need your rebuffs. Doing it with the regular AFKs will eventually get you banned.
That's what I needed to know. It's fully legit and would 100% of the time be 2 separate people playing the characters. But I realize it appears sketchy from an outsiders perspective so I wanted to check before I did it. If there's a chance I'll be banned I don't want to risk it.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Orc

I'm new to the server and still getting used to all the boxing hate, but surely GMs would be lenient enough that if the other person is simply AFK they will wait for them to be non AFK before taking action? Given a sufficient time frame of course.. if they can't produce a non afk person within 30 minutes I could see taking action then, or maybe kicking the afk box offline and issuing a warning and if it happens again taking more strict action.

I'll admit me and some of my friends that play together a lot have gotten somewhat paranoid about ever sitting around AFK even while just going to the bathroom or something. Lol... from all the reading it feels like if we are afk and can't perform a circus act on demand it's immediate banning. We don't play from the same IP of course, but I doubt the GMs would consider different IPs an immediate sign of non boxing for obvious reasons to any techy.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

If different IPs why can't they AFK? Is that merely due to their IP exemption?

Or would I get kicked if I did this on my Druid with no IP exemption just because some anti-boxing vigilante has nothing better to do than report me cause they are retarded?

If the later, that is pants-on-head levels of retarded and people need to calm the hell down and play their own game and worry less about how others are playing it especially when it's hardly impacting them. A heal or buff every 15 minutes... Lol.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

As long as you can pass Sirkens 2 box test im sure you will be fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread