Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Testament of Vanear wrong reward

got rewarded a cracked eye stone(Wtf?) instead of a testament of vanear as I completed the quest in Erudin.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Kobold

You're not supposed to turn in the Testament in Erudin. Once you combine the pages in the book that's your reward.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not supposed to turn in the Testament in Erudin. Once you combine the pages in the book that's your reward.
Combine Page 30 of a Book and Page 34 of a Book in the Testament of Vanear container to craft a different Testament of Vanear. Return to Rarnan and give this to him.

Rarnan Lapice says 'I sent you after that book ages ago! What took you so long? I have already completed my studies. Luckily I found the original manuscript under my bedroll. I forgot I had kept it there. Take this as a token of my apology. Maybe it will aid you in your next book hunt. I know how cunning those books can be.'

Your faction standing with Peace Keepers got better.
Your faction standing with High Council of Erudin got better.
Your faction standing with Heretics got worse.
You gain experience!!
You receive 20 gold from Rarnan Lapice.
You receive 3 platinum from Rarnan Lapice.

You receive a spell scroll.

I should have received both the testament and the spell scroll. I got a crazked eye stone instead
Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
to craft a different Testament of Vanear.
This is where you should have stopped.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

After going back to Qeynos, go back to Moodoro and say I want page 34. He says ahh so you figured out I have page 34 pretty smart of me to rip out the most valuable page and that it doesn't matter if I get it because the work is fiction anyway. He then offers to play a game with you for the page. For 4 gold he will deal you one card and if that one card is a jester he will give you the page. Along with the jester, you might also draw the King, Queen, Beggar, or Knight. [Note - keep the Knights and give them to the dwarf on Eriolissi Island for a reward]. Once the whole thing is combined you get the Testament of Vanear, which has stats of +10 wis and +10 mana, and is a no drop lore item. You can keep the testament and use it, or you can return the testament to Rarnan, who started the quest, for some platinum.

I should have the option to give it for faction and plat. It's part of the quest and its not working.
Last edited by Montreal; 02-06-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

And I think you guys miss the whole point of this post :

I have a cracked eye stone in my inventory....

PLEASE, don't tell me that's not a bug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Please tell us what item you turned in to get said item. Yesterday I gave my manastone to a hill giant and got nothing back. The hill giant quest is broken.

The quest is to find the book and bring it back to some guys in erudin who tells you he doesn't even need it anymore anyway and gives you a BS item instead. The last part of the quest is a trap to trick you. You are supposed to keep the book and and say fuck the dude for reasons completely unrelated to the color of his skin.
Last edited by drplump; 02-06-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I gave a Hill Giant a Manastone today and got a back massage. Guess you just have bad luck.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave a Hill Giant a Manastone today and got a back massage. Guess you just have bad luck.
I already have another testament of vanear, you don't get it.

Nevermind anyway, you obviously don't care...
Old 02-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Kobold

No you never got the testament back. He takes it. Why would you recreate the testament for the librarian only to have him give it back to you? Logic man, logic. Your reward for turning in the book is a random item and the overdue book fee.

In the words of the rental car lady in planes, trains and automoblies "you're fukked"
Closed Thread