Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Far more accurate actually. Though the timeline snapshot is when monk tanking was really weak.
I thought monks didn't really get neutered until PoP on live?

How is monk tanking on Agnar?

I know the AC caps and returns have been revamped several times over. On vanilla the worn caps were pitifully low and an enterprising monk could do a decent job at stacking it (most didn't and focused on stat items). How tough is it possible to make a human monk on Ag?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:46 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any decent pacific guilds similar to how Asgard was back several years ago? Looking for super casual like raid 1x a week stuff.
Imperium Deus is a mostly Australian guild comprised mostly of people from P99's Infernus guild, including the original guild leaders.

They are doing raids a couple of times a week.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought monks didn't really get neutered until PoP on live?
Thats where al'kabor froze in time, so thats what takp is like. Monks are glass cannons compared to here, p2002, or Agnarr. But their dps is very good.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't Agnarr use the post-neuter mechanics for monks ac?
Old 06-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't Agnarr use the post-neuter mechanics for monks ac?
I started a monk on Agnarr, would love to know this as well if anyone is informed. I'm not high enough level to do any meaningful parsing.
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Old 07-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Default Agnarr

I'm pretty content with my experience here on P99, and have no real desire to play on Agnarr, but seeing what looks to be a large population on a TLP server that is currently still in Classic kind of makes me happy.

Cool to see that there's interest in the game in its original state, outside of our small community.

Has anyone played on the Agnarr server? What are their thoughts so far on that experience. I know that there are maps, etc, which don't make it a true classic experience, but besides that how is the community? Hows the player population level spread?

Cheers,

Asher
Old 07-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Large Bat

I have seen videos of people playing Agnarr, and it's ok from what I've seen. My understanding is that they still use the revamped zones of areas, like Freeport, instead of the classic zones, which is a turn off if true. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The server is a cool idea, but not implemented in a way that would personally interest me. Also, Troll Beastlords still have that god-awful basilisk pet, instead of their original alligator pet, so I'm not that interested in it at all.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

They turned off a lot of stuff from other expansions but revamped zones or reskinned zones were not touched. A lot of mobs have their old models at the moment. You can do quests that were put into the game much later on, like the Qeynos badge quests. They've nerfed quest exp as well.

I'd give it a 5/10 in terms of classic - they did a lot but there is a TON of unclassic stuff, plus you can buy stuff from the marketplace (mostly cosmetic but also exp pots). At the moment, the only thing that's 100% guaranteed more accurate than p99 is starting factions for all classes and the faction system.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

lots of agnarr discussion already in http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=268471

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lots of agnarr discussion already in http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=268471
A 129 page thread in RnF full of forum and server drama, trolling, and nonsensical debate that never goes anywhere?

Mmm...yeah...

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread