Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Another trick is to anticipate who will draw aggro. It's less of a disaster if the mob turns on the shaman if it is already fairly close to the shaman.

As a warrior one of the most frustrating things is running around after mobs trying to land a successful taunt!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another trick is to anticipate who will draw aggro. It's less of a disaster if the mob turns on the shaman if it is already fairly close to the shaman.

As a warrior one of the most frustrating things is running around after mobs trying to land a successful taunt!
This is definitely true. Also trying to keep the mob on me and not the monk, ranger or other DPS is a problem but after playing awhile last night, I did see that the Staff of Battle seemed to hold aggro much better than trying to dual weild with the other weapons I was using. So I guess I will use that for now and worry about other weapons later on.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 06-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

If the monk / ranger (especially monk) is doing the 'omg look I take aggro so easy, and even take hits great LOL' thing, just let them. Maybe stand next to them so the rogue doesn't need to move about on aggro switches.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, if the DPS starts too early and refuses to use their own tools to drop aggro, just let them do it. Don't let it get to you. It's not your fault if they die. If things are rooted, I normally ask them to stop rooting because taunt works better for me, but if things are rooted, and someone is standing closer than me, they usually get a few pointers before I stop trying. Some mobs have awful hit-boxes that make it hard to tell when you're the closest. Everybody else just back up or else you're tanking it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Bash, Slam, and lv55+ Kick can stun stunnable targets. Taunt works better the closer you are to a mob. The 0,0 location of a mob is directly in front of it, not the center of it.

If someone out aggros you, try swapping in a shield (or slam) for a single bash, if it lands position yourself in front of the target and hit taunt. During this stunned state the other person will usually move out of the way and your taunt will have the best chance to be successful. Distance also matters for aggro so when that person backs up it gives you a much better chance of first aggro after the bash goes through. This is all much easier with slam or 55+ kick. Realize all of this has to occur in less than 2 seconds, but I use it all the time for things stunnable.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:42 AM
Banned

Interesting strat Naethyn. I tend to favor taunt followed by a kick stun or bash because it will give you an added buffer of hate to the successful taunt (which should just surpass other highest hate by one point)
Old 06-23-2017, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting strat Naethyn. I tend to favor taunt followed by a kick stun or bash because it will give you an added buffer of hate to the successful taunt (which should just surpass other highest hate by one point)
Yeah, this is the way to do it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

I was taught to do the same thing - taunt and then kick for a little bit more aggro on the top. What I've found is taunt is far more successful if you are in the correct position, as close to the front of the mob as possible. A stun lets you get to that position for maximum success rate. Also, white damage is required to hold aggro after a taunt anyways with or without a kick. For anything not stunnable I still kick after a taunt.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

kick (stun or otherwise), bash, and slam provide VERY minimal threat. Anything is better than nothing, but kick-stun does not really generate much hate and shouldn't be assumed to do so.

Not counting consumables or charged items, as a warrior you basically rely on haste, weapon ratio, and weapon proc. The first two are directly under your control while the last is a matter of choosing your weapons (and dexterity on gear) wisely, and straight up luck.

The only skill boils down to plain ol' situational awareness and not doing stupid shit like mashing taunt when you're already on top of the aggro list.

Your position relative to the mob is meaningless for taunt other making sure you're close enough to physically taunt.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-23-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Old 06-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taunt works better the closer you are to a mob.
I would like to see some parses to back this up.
Closed Thread