Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got it finally. That was not easy.
Looks like rain.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Banned

square sums it all up.

Its all about the money. And the mmo industry (besides blizz/SoE) is poor as fuck. Dont expect anything like 1st gen mmo, they had fees. The new model is f2p, it mechanically modifies the mechanics.

EvE online though isnt to be put in that box. This game is a master piece and is how all Mmo's should be ran.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Dave Georgeson said he wants people playing the game and not looking at maps or wiki's or having their hand held, and that they're tired of every cookie cutter boring MMO out there.

My point was there's already a game for mouthbreathers to get their loot pinata fix and not have to work to achieve anything, and SOE knows this. They're not looking to bite into that market, they're looking to change the market entirely.

Wanting to play for 1-2 hours and be on the same level as someone who plays 20-30 hours is some great special olympics logic. Here's a few hard facts: you're not a special snowflake, life's not fair, other people are better than you.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Lol I'm not mad, I just used your snarky insult back on you regarding "community college logic".

And I am getting the game I want. Everyone can play it and have things to do and evolving content, but the people who do play casually won't be on the same level as people who play more. That's all my point was.

No need to get all defensive young interwebz warrior.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Speaking of EVE, I'm hopping in a stealth bomber in about 14 days if anybody wants to do some Bomber Bar with me.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by square [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read a majority of the posts here in this thread. It seems to me all the salty butt hurt people who are bashing EQNext want it to be like P1999. Here's an idea, play P1999. Dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by square [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's the key to success, why do no companies follow that model anymore? Please answer that.

Limiting game access by requiring players of a certain type (or any other way), doesn't bode well anymore. If I only have 1-2 hours a day to play a video game, I should be able to play it, not sit around hoping to find the right class to venture forward. If you want a community the size of P1999, then it may work, but it's a terrible business model for a new game/company. If you target a tiny market, your revenue generated will be...tiny. Businesses exist to make money, not to make us old EQ players happy. Adapt or leave.
Quote:
You clearly have 0 real world business knowledge. How will a company survive without "$$"? I'm sure investors will jump at the chance to invest into a game that targets a tiny audience. How did vanguard do? Why was EQ2 built more casual friendly? You're the minority whether you accept it or not. Facts > you.

If MMOs are not designed for casuals, why are all the big MMOs focused towards casuals? Please explain.

That's my problem, sure, and it's your problem the games you want don't exist anymore. You're agreeing with me, and disagreeing with yourself based on facts, great community college logic. You may have an OPINION on those games, but if they're profitable, they're successful. You can't grow without success and MONEY.

How about you invest all of your money and time into the game you want? Just some advice though, you'll be losing money each and every quarter. For your sake, I hope you're Mark Cuban. (jk he wouldn't be dumb enough to invest in such a bad idea)
Quote:
Oh, so not having to look at maps and wiki's is so new and exciting. Every new MMO that comes out brags about something that already exists, then adds gimmicky features that on paper and in demos seem cool, but in reality fall short. Guild Wars 2.

Do you realize YOU are the mouthbreather stereotype? The guy who sits around playing an MMO 40 hours a week like a full time job, with an elitist attitude just because your life revolves around the game. Look at your post, and how hate filled you are towards the MMO standard now a days.

No one mentioned anything about playing 1-2 hours and being on the same level as someone who plays 20-30 hours, its about accessibility. If a game requires a near full time commitment like old MMOs use to, it will fail. Look at the facts.

Here's a few hard facts: you're not a special snowflake, life's not fair, other people are better than you. That's why you aren't getting the game you want. That's why you're the minority. Maybe that's even why you're so ignorant. I get it, you hate WoW and you miss the way games use to be when you were younger, but maybe that's a sign you should grow up and step away from the games and work on your own REAL life. Just saiyan.
Typical mainstream fanboi logic. Go back to the Blizzforums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
You clearly have 0 real world business knowledge. How will a company survive without "$$"? I'm sure investors will jump at the chance to invest into a game that targets a tiny audience. How did vanguard do? Why was EQ2 built more casual friendly? You're the minority whether you accept it or not. Facts > you.

If MMOs are not designed for casuals, why are all the big MMOs focused towards casuals? Please explain.

That's my problem, sure, and it's your problem the games you want don't exist anymore. You're agreeing with me, and disagreeing with yourself based on facts, great community college logic. You may have an OPINION on those games, but if they're profitable, they're successful. You can't grow without success and MONEY.

How about you invest all of your money and time into the game you want? Just some advice though, you'll be losing money each and every quarter. For your sake, I hope you're Mark Cuban. (jk he wouldn't be dumb enough to invest in such a bad idea)
It depends on how you define casual. How much can you get done in WoW in say 1 hour? Compare that to how much you can get done, in say Diablo 3, in an hour? Wanna raid in WoW? Well then it just became not casual.

The only things MMOs did to cater to casual players was to remove death penalties, remove Corpse Recovery, Reduce travel time etc.

Diablo 3 is a true casual game because you can run Act 3 a few times in an hour and get decent items. TF2 is a casual game because you can fit in quite a few games in an hour.

Why did SWTOR fail then it is was casual? People went through the content so fast they had to make it F2P. So saying that casual games are a failure is not true. Bad games with bad designs are failures.

EvE is very hardcore and it does well.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Typical mainstream fanboi logic. Go back to the Blizzforums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the guy is talking about the realistic reason behind the people who finance the games. What this has anything to do with "fan-boy logic" ?

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the guy is talking about the realistic reason behind the people who finance the games. What this has anything to do with "fan-boy logic" ?
I don't have to explain, he already did for me in his next terrible post. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

EQ Next kerrans..... haaaahahahahahhaha!
Closed Thread