Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasn't hit 80 in maine yet, thank god. highest has been 74 which is okay.

I don't know why people want it to be 80-90, whats so great about sweating your balls off from just sitting in the shade?
Only fat people sweat their balls off sitting in the shade at 85.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's why I want to move to Florida from NJ. It's warm year round and even though it's hot as hell in the summer there's air conditioning. Beats the shit of winter and I get that seasonal affective disorder when fall and winter come around.
I can't stand Florida. The humidity is horrible. I prefer the south west such as middle to northern Arizona or New Mexico. Dry heat is comfortable in the shade.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only fat people sweat their balls off sitting in the shade at 85.
lol I am disgustingly thin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

having seasons does that though, 3/4 of my year it doesn't break 70 so when it does its a bit much.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't stand Florida. The humidity is horrible. I prefer the south west such as middle to northern Arizona or New Mexico. Dry heat is comfortable in the shade.
It's miserable hot and humid in NJ in the summer too, but at least in Florida I won't get depressed when summer is over and the cold weather arrives. I'm so fucking sick of cold weather and snow and shit.

I don't want to move to redneck Alabama or Arizona or anything though. I have my eyes set on the Palm Beach area of Florida and in fact on Sunday I'm taking a trip down there to check out a few properties.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Living in Winnipeg will give you some perspective on your Northeast winters.

As of last count there are 522 homes without running water as the pipes are still frozen. This is expected to be resolved by late June.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Where u at in NJ? I'm in middle of the state so it's usually pretty mild unless it's a storm or some crazy weather anomaly; like some of the flooding lately. I personally find nothing wrong with having all 4 seasons like we have in NJ. I'll gladly take the changes in weather that we have over an extreme[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]examples[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Far northern Russian winter .....or Bolivian jungle heat.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's miserable hot and humid in NJ in the summer too, but at least in Florida I won't get depressed when summer is over and the cold weather arrives. I'm so fucking sick of cold weather and snow and shit.
I understand not liking the cold and snow, but comparing NJ, PA, NY humidity even close to the level of balls-in-soup that Florida has is insane.

Maybe you live in a city or something, cities are going to be like that everywhere you go, unless you go deep into Canada.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never realized how shitty winter was until I moved to Massachusetts this past summer.
Yeah it totally sucks here. 3-4 months of "summer" 8-9 months of winter. There is no spring. Humid ass summers and freezing fall/winter/spring. Weather is always fluctuating from shit to shittier and all holidays you plan a trip to do anything outdoors the weather will fuck ya. But hey... keeps the riff raff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone's car is rusting because of salt.. people marvel at my BMW with 280k miles on it that I paid 800 dollars for, runs like a champ, no salt no rust.. its common to see well kept cars run for 300k+ miles.
This I can't agree with hah! 90% of the cars on my route 3 commute from NH to Billerica are new(ish) A4s and 328/335s. Those cars have replaced the Camry. It's the standard car around these parts of Mass.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand not liking the cold and snow, but comparing NJ, PA, NY humidity even close to the level of balls-in-soup that Florida has is insane.

Maybe you live in a city or something, cities are going to be like that everywhere you go, unless you go deep into Canada.
No city but I do live in a highly populated area in northeast NJ. I'm in Essex county. We have a wonderful mix of overpriced everything and snobbish people with slums and fantastically bad crime down the highway. Fuck this place.

I've been to Florida in August. It's hot as hell, but there's air conditioning and pools. I have friends and family down there, all moved from NJ a few years ago, and they all love it. It's cheaper to live, the weather is all around nicer, the people are nicer, it's so much better than this polluted overcrowded overpriced dump of a state.

I wonder how the early 17th and 18th century colonists and pirates handled the Caribbean heat. How the hell did they do it with no AC and all that Elizabethan clothing.

If I don't like what I see in FL next week I may consider something in Tom's River. I have family there too. It's a bit redneck in many places but it's OK where my family moved to. We'll see.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 05-27-2014 at 07:48 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
No city but I do live in a highly populated area in northeast NJ. I'm in Essex county. We have a wonderful mix of overpriced everything and snobbish people with slums and fantastically bad crime down the highway. Fuck this place.

I've been to Florida in August. It's hot as hell, but there's air conditioning and pools. I have friends and family down there, all moved from NJ a few years ago, and they all love it. It's cheaper to live, the weather is all around nicer, the people are nicer, it's so much better than this polluted overcrowded overpriced dump of a state.
Avoid SC as well. Nothing but backstabbing nutjobs where my sister lives. She hates it. I guess there are pockets of good and bad people all over. I make it a habit to rent for at least a few months before buying nearby.