Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

A line is a poor idea...

The gobo doesn't despawn when quest items are handed to it, it eats them. The gobo doesn't announce who gave the first set of items.

What other idea do you have?
Old 02-14-2019, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Valewind (me) won the shady roll on 2/14/19. I would prefer if we do a list. Message me in game if you want to discuss. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

3 people currently with the Report to Skargus all agree to form a line. in order of whom received the Report first.

Please respect the winners decisions. for now this is working. Civil conversations making gains.

Diamondfist
Bbeta
Murobb
Valewind

tomorrows winner will be next on the list
Old 02-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

I don't like that you're calling yourselves winners, because it makes me feel like a loser. Can we change the terminology?
Old 02-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Sorry I can't edit it. This works for now till more people with the report disagree
Old 02-14-2019, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

I have no idea when i will "win" the first piece. But i will not follow a line unless a GM says i have to.

Just a heads up.

If you want rotations, lines, rolls, etc. Make it on the raid scene as well.

Goodluck to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea when i will "win" the first piece. But i will not follow a line unless a GM says i have to.

Just a heads up.

If you want rotations, lines, rolls, etc. Make it on the raid scene as well.

Goodluck to everyone.
Respect, the only reason I think the line is a healthy option for this particular part of this particular quest.

When you turn in your Report, he does not say your name. He does not despawn. Which means someone is going to hand in their item first and other people will think they did too. This mob is unique and this is the first time we are exposed to this type of mechanic in velious and we don't want to have to involve GMs. Usually mobs will despawn once receiving the item from the first person to give it to them. Resulting in no one losing the item. This guy will not despawn and if my calculations are correct he will eat people's reports. I also think mobs with 14 hour variance shouldn't be rolled on because it promotes. AFKing with text triggers till pepole roll and then tab over or w.e and join. That's disheartening. Imo.

Currently the majority favor a list. Once the majority favor another approach, this works. If tomorrow's guy disagrees. He is pulling a kelza, I'll leave it to u guys to oust him The next angry will spawn with 4 available turn ins. 3 of the 4 have spoken. 1 person shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us. And potentially make us lose our turn ins. I completely agree that once the majority of people who actually have the report disagree with the list, that it should be changed to please them.
Last edited by Bbeta; 02-14-2019 at 11:00 PM..
Old 02-14-2019, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

i mean if you want to risk losing your report because you are a baby that needs to clickfest that's kind of funny/sad/bad
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

We'll see how long the line lasts...
Old 02-14-2019, 11:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just curious, Bbeta since this seems to be your idea and all will you be running this list for the server even once you get your item?
Closed Thread