Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont compare POG to Fear lol. you can engage ct and handle adds at the same time in most cases be done in under an hour. not the case with a pog, who are you trying to fool here?
I would personally like to see a guild deal with a focuser while engaged and fighting Tunare.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

I thought the footrace thing was kinda weird....

1/3 rotation is perfect imo.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the footrace thing was kinda weird....

1/3 rotation is perfect imo.
A lot of people hate rotations though. Plus, if there's another guild/alliance that wants to do Tunare, it leaves them out.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't speak for the other guilds involved, but I know AG frequently chose not to go for Tunare because we were specifically afraid that we would spend 8 hours clearing only to have her sniped, which is exactly what was being threatened to happen last night. I agree that this would be terrible no matter who the guild getting sniped happens to be.
The threat of Tunare snipes was briefly discussed between guild leaders/officers weeks ago - with AG/AM/BG/Core/PS present - and the consensus seemed to be that it was shitty move that nobody wanted, and an implication that none of us would.

It was surprising to see it being used as a bargaining tool by AG/BG/Core.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The threat of Tunare snipes was briefly discussed between guild leaders/officers weeks ago - with AG/AM/BG/Core/PS present - and the consensus seemed to be that it was shitty move that nobody wanted, and an implication that none of us would.

It was surprising to see it being used as a bargaining tool by AG/BG/Core.
You guys dropped the agreement, which led to Tunare being FFA, which led to the threat of a snipe.

This is why we need an agreement in the first place. Why is this so hard? Why can we not do 12 hour lockouts?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Orc

Funny how Detoxx hasn't shown up to chime in.. must be busy eating his words
Old 04-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't speak for the other guilds involved, but I know AG frequently chose not to go for Tunare because we were specifically afraid that we would spend 8 hours clearing only to have her sniped, which is exactly what was being threatened to happen last night.
Fake News. Nobody ever contested somebody elses PoG until AG/Core, hence the 100 zerg in zone. Most I ever remember was a guild mustering outside, and that was very early Velious.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Why are you competing for a mob you cannot kill at the time in the first place? I don't understand it. I raid far less than many other raiders, which means less EQ fun, less DKP, less loot. EQ is in many ways a game about time dedication. I really don't understand more than a minimal lockout to start clearing. If Tunare spawns at night and I can't afford to lose sleep (this kind of thing happens a lot to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ), that's my problem, not yours. If this is true for enough of my guild, then I guess we don't kill Tunare this week!
Old 04-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you competing for a mob you cannot kill at the time in the first place? I don't understand it. I raid far less than many other raiders, which means less EQ fun, less DKP, less loot. EQ is in many ways a game about time dedication. I really don't understand more than a minimal lockout to start clearing. If Tunare spawns at night and I can't afford to lose sleep (this kind of thing happens a lot to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ), that's my problem, not yours. If this is true for enough of my guild, then I guess we don't kill Tunare this week!
The mob was contested because there was an agreement in place that stated they had 12 hours to start their clear. Why do people kill Statue when they cannot kill AoW until they've had 20 minutes to recover their mana? HMMMM????

Making the lockout so short that only AM can capitalize on the lockout means no lockout agreement. No agreement means PoG becomes a nightmare.

Doesn't matter if you think you deserve it more because you're willing to raid when others are sleeping. Only thing that matters is you're able to get other guilds to agree to your terms, and terms that dick all the other guilds aren't going to get agreed to.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I know AG frequently chose not to go for Tunare because we were specifically afraid that we would spend 8 hours clearing only to have her sniped
Are you writing an EQ fanfiction book or something?
Closed Thread