Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the same as afk pet campers.
I'm looking on the site for a complete list of rules, but all I'm seeing is basic stuff like, "Don't use more than one client", "don't exploit bugs", "if you're somehow gaining exp/loot with no risk, it's wrong". Where is it written that a pet class can't go AFK leaving their aggressive pet to fend for them both? It's not as though it's without risk - it's just lazy.

I'm really just wanting to protect myself from myself here... For instance, shortly after starting the game, I logged in my wife's character to give her the banded armor I made for her because I didn't want to carry it (too heavy) and my bank was full. Later I realized that it's not just wrong to two-box (like actually grind/camp while controlling two or more characters), but yes - it's really and truly preferable for you to transfer stuff by dropping it on the ground or giving it to a stranger... (yikes!)

Am I missing a document somewhere??

Edit: Found Rogean's post that included more details about harrassment, training, and naming policy...
Last edited by Droog007; 09-27-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

I have a huge issue with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm really just wanting to protect myself from myself here... For instance, shortly after starting the game, I logged in my wife's character to give her the banded armor I made for her because I didn't want to carry it (too heavy) and my bank was full. Later I realized that it's not just wrong to two-box (like actually grind/camp while controlling two or more characters), but yes - it's really and truly preferable for you to transfer stuff by dropping it on the ground or giving it to a stranger... (yikes!)

Am I missing a document somewhere??

Why do I have a huge issue with this? Because when you submited a petition in the first place to ask for a IP exempt it even says

Quote:
IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP.
Then in your IP exemption request that you asked for and I responded, I even put the RULES in the response. The fact you are here claiming you had no idea about the rules in the first place is almost staggering to me. If you even had the slightest doubt as to understanding 1 person, per account playing at the same ip means, then you should have asked not just during the first IP exemption you asked for, but just maybe the second one.

Quote:
Your exemption has been granted. If the accounts listed havent logged off since this post, log
out completely for it to take effect.

Remember the rules: 1 client per Real Life player at any time. Deviation from this rule will
result in permanent bans.

Make sure everyone thoroughly understands and follows this rule.
Enjoy the server!
For everything else:

Everything is under the Library section of the website.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057
Last edited by Ambrotos; 09-27-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This will get you banned and probably already has since you just told Ambrotos that you did it. Better hope he is in a good mood.

Asher
Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why do I have a huge issue with this? Because when you submited a petition in the first place to ask for a IP exempt it even says

Then in your IP exemption request that you asked for and I responded, I even put the RULES in the response. The fact you are here claiming you had no idea about the rules in the first place is almost staggering to me. If you even had the slightest doubt as to understanding 1 person, per account playing at the same ip means, then you should have asked not just during the first IP exemption you asked for, but just maybe the second one.

For everything else:

Everything is under the Library section of the website.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057
Bwahahahahaha.

...but seriously though, I've PL'd AFK (sleeping) people for hours before. there are some good spots to hide people in KC where nothing paths and you can just park a toon, group it and farm away to freely level toons.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Hey I want to play Everquest, but I don't want to actually play the fucking game.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I want to play Everquest, but I don't want to actually play the fucking game.
IM me!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I really did misinterpret the 2-boxing rule because it says you can only "play" one account. I did not think that offloading armor for my wife's character constituted playing, but I soon after came to understand why it is wrong anyway. Please do not think that I requested IP exemptions for my own personal convenience - we truly are 4 different people who sometimes play at each other's homes, and my wife will be very upset with me if her account is banned. When I realized that I had misinterpreted the rule, I changed my behavior immediately. I only "two-boxed" that one time, I promise. It will not happen again. (And man, am I sorry I admitted to it now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

I did read the rules when you posted the response to my IP exemption request, but I did not retain the part about "AFK camping" because I didn't really know what it was. The rule just said "No AFK camping". I read down through the discussion and got a better definition now - so we're clear on that. Since I couldn't remember reading that anywhere I was worried that I had somehow missed something. In truth, I just forgot.

Please have mercy!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I really did misinterpret the 2-boxing rule because it says you can only "play" one account. I did not think that offloading armor for my wife's character constituted playing, but I soon after came to understand why it is wrong anyway. Please do not think that I requested IP exemptions for my own personal convenience - we truly are 4 different people who sometimes play at each other's homes, and my wife will be very upset with me if her account is banned. When I realized that I had misinterpreted the rule, I changed my behavior immediately. I only "two-boxed" that one time, I promise. It will not happen again. (And man, am I sorry I admitted to it now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

I did read the rules when you posted the response to my IP exemption request, but I did not retain the part about "AFK camping" because I didn't really know what it was. The rule just said "No AFK camping". I read down through the discussion and got a better definition now - so we're clear on that. Since I couldn't remember reading that anywhere I was worried that I had somehow missed something. In truth, I just forgot.

Please have mercy!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/cry
/beg
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/cry
/beg
Damn straight... nervous as hell I'm going to get home from work and find myself banned (or worse yet, my wife). Please note I didn't start this thread... just tried to contribute my experience with how they can be misconstrued, poorly understood, or just plain not found the first place you look.

edit: I recognize that the makers of these rules are not paid to make them perfectly obvious and the burden of comprehension is on the user.

I hope that this thread can stand as evidence to just how serious they are when they say "1 real life person per account at any time" and that I won't be put up on a cross as well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Droog007; 09-27-2012 at 05:04 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

/open mouth
/insert foot
Closed Thread