Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the estimated population of phinnie? More than here?
Population doesnt really matter when so many things are instanced. Not sure how people enjoy that kind of world environment, or cash shop options, or XP pots, or any of that nasty shit.

I think Phinny is dead long before P99 is dead, that much is true...but anyone with a brain (ie - not BDA) knew that from the beginning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Erm I can't speak for p2002 but takp isn't a pile of shit... both mechanics and people work better there than they do on p99.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
both servers have been wanting a PoP lock server that's not a P2002/TAK pile of shit for a long time.
Probably true. But quality wise, Agnarr is going to be leagues of magnitude worse than those two emulators. They are getting pretty close to what old EQ was actually like, with regards to mechanics and shit. Retail servers will have the population but will never have the same feeling.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:53 AM
Banned

jcr doesn't like p2k or tak because there isn't any rampage dick for him to suck

same reason he left p99
Old 03-19-2017, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erm I can't speak for p2002 but takp isn't a pile of shit... both mechanics and people work better there than they do on p99.
Yeah jcr way off on this one.

Unless these guys consult with the emu and start with PEQ DB and PEQ formulas I don't see the servers being close.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server sounds great aside from the easy mode status that is phinny / live progression servers. It's a terrible joke how easy group and raid content is from classic to PoP.
There's still all open world stuff to "compete" on outside of your guaranteed instances.

If we're all being honest, a PoP locked server is what everyone has longed for. I fucking wish p99 devs would get over their "cats on the moons lulz" complex and make this server go up to PoP because it would be fucking great, but they never will.

The sad truth is we're all playing on a server that is at its end progression wise. My only gripe with the Agnarr model is that I wish they would wait longer between expansion drops, but anything involving PoP is fucking money.

PS, love ya Fing. Roll Tide
Old 03-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

Nope. Can't switch to Agnarr. I will never forget

-Pok books suck
Rip wizard and druid buddies
-Luclin models suck
Rip norrath . looks like im playing 2 games merged in one
-Cats on moon suck
Rip lore/immersion

if I "realllly" wanted PoP I'd play on P2002/TAK as jcr4990 mentioned. I believe that if P99 succeeds on making custom content fit original content then this server will blow everything out of the water.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We'll see how "way off" I am when Agnarr releases. Despite what you chucklefucks think the vast majority of people that enjoy EQ do not enjoy it for shitty "classic" mechanics. If that were true P2002/TAK would have higher population than Phinigel right now. You're a very small minority of mentally ill individuals that for some sick reason enjoy not being able to open a map or see a window for your guild/raid members or scroll wheel to a camera angle that doesn't suck ballsack. Tell yourselves what you want but most people don't want those things. Proof is in the pudding.
Well no actually. Because both are still only released up to Velious.

And p2002 uses the titanium client, with raid window and mouse scroll. So the rest of what you said is false too.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

love it, lol... please tell me more about how the umpteenth progression server to come out since p99's launch is going to kill the server pop this time like was supposed to happen with all of the other progression servers that have released since. I wish agnarr a smooth release and healthy population but to say its going to kill p99 pop is just fucking stupid. Enjoy your cash shops and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We'll see how "way off" I am when Agnarr releases. Despite what you chucklefucks think the vast majority of people that enjoy EQ do not enjoy it for shitty "classic" mechanics. If that were true P2002/TAK would have higher population than Phinigel right now. You're a very small minority of mentally ill individuals that for some sick reason enjoy not being able to open a map or see a window for your guild/raid members or scroll wheel to a camera angle that doesn't suck ballsack. Tell yourselves what you want but most people don't want those things. Proof is in the pudding.

Daybreak has proven they aren't willing to put meaningful dev time into classic boxes regardless.

The content may be too easy, that would be the only reason why it fails. You are arguing otherwise by claiming TAKP sucks. In reality, Agnarr will suck. If Agnarr is a failure its because the sense of achievement is lacking.

What good is PoP lock if they don't use the PEQ/Titanium era damage formulas and spell files and tuning for tanks mitigation, monks/pullers mitigation, etc.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread